Author Topic: getting started  (Read 169 times)

Offline DEMO69

• Zinc Member
getting started
« on: September 29, 2002, 05:49:16 PM »
I am looking for help.  I just downloaded the Aces High and am having trouble getting it going.  I am having problems just after leaving the hanger when I first start up the program.  The plane starts to taxi out and the screen locks up.  A couple of times I have had success by pressing the on off button on the CPU which begins to put the CPU into standby.  A quick move on the mouse set the game in motion and I played for hours.  Yesturday anb today I have not been able to get started.  The screen locks up and I loose conection with the host.  

Has anyone expirienced the the same problems?  I was also wondering if there have been any glitches with running the game with Windows XP home addtion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline craigr

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.damned.org
getting started
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2002, 01:22:56 PM »
Demo,

Sounds like a video card problem, make sure you have the latest drivers for the video card your using...would also help if you posted what kind of vid card, cpu, sound card etc...

The following is from the AH help file...

If the game locks up after you have selected your preferences, try deleting the video7.cfg file out of your ../HTC/Aces High/settings directory and run the game again.  When you get the Select Video Card screen, choose the lowest settings, ie. 16 bit color and 640X480 resolution and try running the game again.

bgm
« Last Edit: October 06, 2002, 01:30:38 PM by craigr »