Author Topic: Welllll GOooooood  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2002, 02:00:16 AM »
It is bad practice to negotiate from weakness.  Unless you opponent is very stupid, you will come up with the short stick.

Despots understand raw, naked power.  The more immenent the threat, the stronger your negotiated position.

Unless Saddam believes that he is in immediate personal danger, he will squirm and weasel his way to what he wants.

Our representatives in Baghdad weaken our position, just when we want it to be the strongest.

They are not Chamberlain, the are closer to... remember this squeak?  If not, ask a Vietnam vet, or better, a POW
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2002, 03:01:38 AM »
before that he was allowed by the weak allies

It's seems you need to make a trip to Europe just to see our "monument aux morts"

You will understand quickly why the allied made all it was possible to avoid war.

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2002, 03:37:49 AM »
I understand that Straffo. I've been to many of the WW1 battlefields, and several of the cemeteries as part of a school trip as a kid - depressing places. There's no wonder the European nations chose appeasement over conflict. The last post signalled at the Menin Gate every night, is particularly moving.

There's no glory in war, a sentiment summed up as succinctly as you'll ever find in the poem 'Dulce et Decorum est Pro Patria Mori'.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2002, 08:48:55 AM »
Straffo thats why we must learn from mistakes in the past. The allies were clearly unwilling to risk war in the time before WW2 - they acted this way towards Hitler and thats what he saw. He thought he would be allowed to act with impunity because there were no consequences.  Every time he violated a treaty or ivaded a country there was merely a whimper from Paris or London. Finally he went too far and invaded a third country Poland and then, finally the French and British got their war.   Unfortunately our poland in this case might be nucler weapon detonation in Tel Aviv or a major US city. I am not comfortable with risking that or the consequences of this being let go that far, we must act strong now and stop this.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2002, 09:07:54 AM »
I agree I just wanted to point one of the reasons why war was not a popular option at this time.
Should have the allied make an intervention in 1936 perhaps it should have been better but no one will ever know for sure

Currently lot of people (I mean those not in the military) look at war as a good option agains Iraq because since the Gulfwar   war look like an arcade game.
But even if it will cost less lives than a conventional war lot of lifes will be wasted.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2002, 09:20:44 AM »
"But even if it will cost less lives than a conventional war lot of lifes will be wasted."

Well some 40 million allied military and innocent allied civilians lives were wasted trying to stop Hitler and the Japanese after they were allowed to go behave with impunity for almost a decade and went into full war believing they would not be challenged for fear of people dying in a war.

I dont want Saddam to have these weapons and go into full mode thinking this, he must be stopped hard, stopped hard now and not after it's too late.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2002, 09:53:48 AM »
GRUN, Your ability to comprehend what you read is frightening! When exactly did I say we should treat Saddam like Hitler? I believe I said just the opposite. I think that if you would take your head out of Trent Lott's prettythang for a moment and read what I wrote you will find that I call for NOT conceding to Saddam like we did to Hitler. Go back and read!

And BTW, what I wrote yesterday hasn't changed, because unlike you I haven't gone back and edited my post to make my point sound better. Weak watermelon GH.

And I think I should get bonus points for getting my name into a permanent signature. Not even the great Elfenwolf has accomplished that feat.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2002, 10:17:33 AM »
and exactly how many times did Iraq fire on OUR FREAKIN AIRFORCE while these traitorous congressmen were in bagdad?

This is roadkill,  you libs are so effing wrong on this it's pittiful.  HE HAD WMD IN THE 80'S,  HE USED THEM ON HIS OWN PEOPLE IN 91.  HE HAD THEM WHEN THE INSPECTORS WERE THERE. What makes ANYBODY think that he got rid of them?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jesus H. Christ,  are you people educated in history?  Do you have ANY common sense at all?  There is ONE way to deal with dictators.  RAW BRUTE FORCE,  history has proved that again and again.  How many people have to DIE because of the democratic party?   Iraq's and Americans.

For God's sake these people are waiting to be liberated from a tyrant and have been for DECADES.   This man has thwarted EVERY effort to make sure he obides by the cease fire agreement at the end of the Kuwaiti war,  for eleven years.  And we have to debate why to attack?!?!?!?!?! WTF is the matter with you people?  

Come November hopefully it won't matter and Saddam will pay his debt........

Though no doubt it will be Bush's fault when saddam lights his oil wells on fire....again.......

What a bunch of stupid idiots the democrats are, either that or LIARS willing to do anything for power, or worse and most likely both.......

makes me want to vomit......

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2002, 10:24:47 AM »
Sounds like you're feeling better Udie :)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2002, 12:03:45 PM »
Yes I edited the signature. I added the word "like" - this makes it accurate. So there, I guess you cant read or comprehend just like you say I cant...

The first one said: AH player midnight Target actually believes George W. Bush is Adolf Hitler

The revised one:  AH player midnight Taget actually believes George W. Bush is like Adolf Hitler

Which is 100% true because you posted the Bush comparsion and portrait of Hitler. You posted the opinion that Bush was like Hiler, as in comporable in his acts and behaviors.

And you did ask that Saddam be treated like Hitler:

"If Hussein tries to annex land like Hitler did, then I say we squash him.

If Hussein attacks a sovereign nation like Hitler did, we squash him again.

If he violates a treaty Like Hitler (building up illegal forces), then we make him comply. Note the difference. If this means war, then please let it be for all the right reasons, and those reasons have not been met as of yet IMHO."

If Hussein does as Hitler then we should treat him like hitler. This is exactly what you said.  Of course I'm not a liberal of fine superior intelllect like you but you certainly say we should treat him like we treated hitler. And that was a disaster. And I show you how we disnt "squasH" Hitler when he invaded and annexed TWO severeign nations - Austria and the whole of Czeckoslovakia.

I find it sad and disturbing that you are proud of being publicly qouted as having likened Pesident Bush to Adlof Hitler. Seek help MT, your paranoid delusions and hatred of those with different ideas have gone to your head.  So thats why I put you in the signature, your madness must be brought to light.  You actually likened the US president to Hitler, that is madness!!!   :(
« Last Edit: October 01, 2002, 12:09:09 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2002, 12:10:34 PM »
If you are a proponent of peace, then you are a proponent of war.

Without war, you can not get those that oppose peace out of the way.

Unless of course you think maniacal tyrants can be talked into having a change of heart..

The peace accord, or whatever it's called, for Iraq has been repeatedly violated since it's inception.

Hussein is closer to Hitler than many realise... all it'll take is for him to invade and destroy his neighboring countries 5 years down the road for those same people to say, "We should of taken him out 5 years ago."

By then, it'll be too late.
-SW

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2002, 12:33:03 PM »
OK, one more time for the "Learning Disabled".

If Saddam acts like Hitler we should squash him! Now read slowly so this sinks in. The "him" in that sentence is Hussien.... get it? Should I repeat it again? Now go back to class and try to ignore the commie liberal USA haters that are obviously making you neglect your studies.

The editing I refered to was not your signature, but you knew that. It was an entire section you added after I had replied to you.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2002, 12:36:32 PM »
He has acted like Hitler, hes broken his Versailes treaty numerous times. Squash?

Which post are you talking about MT?

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2002, 12:38:19 PM »
You wanna wait for him to invade....

AGAIN MT?

I dunno if that "Learning Disabled" jab was at me, but I am not...
-SW

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Welllll GOooooood
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2002, 12:39:15 PM »
No SW I'm learning diabled.. Uuuuhuuhhhuhhhh :rolleyes: