Author Topic: Explain this please.  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
Explain this please.
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2001, 02:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Basically... the mob goes in the path of least resistance (stated before...ignored by you).  There is no reasoning other than that.  Nothing more to it than that.

Errr.. lets look this over once more.

Path of least resistance is either:

A: 20 rooks defending a base
B: 30 empty enemy bases

Now i know the ack is pretty tough but i hope you nites dont have that much trouble with it.

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
Explain this please.
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2001, 02:49:00 PM »
Leviathan

This has nothing to do with the 5-1 gang bangings. Im just looking for the logic behind this (the topic here). Im new to flight sims in comparison to the 10+ year vets of the genre, just looking to see if im missing something here.

sorry i dont look at "leviathan" as a "biblical" name.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Explain this please.
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
Wow amon.. you take obtuse to the extreme.

Empty bases are irrelevant.  One country has shown a penchant for giving up bases, the other two have not.  One border was a stalemate.. the other two were not.

Guess where everyone goes?

Oh well.. gangbangs happen.

And you can take that x bases per country crap and throw it out the window.  Your "argument" is flawed to the core because somehow you figure everything should equalize.  It does not, will not and can not.

Now.. quit trying to convince everyone you are so clever.  Its not working.

AKDejaVu

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Explain this please.
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2001, 02:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Am0n:
This has nothing to do with the 5-1 gang bangings. Im just looking for the logic behind this (the topic here). Im new to flight sims in comparison to the 10+ year vets of the genre, just looking to see if im missing something here.

I attempted to answer this in my first reply to you.  People go where the fights are; I know I do.  You basically answered your own question in your previous post where you noted that there were 20 Rooks defending a single base and almost 30 undefended Bish bases.  So why attack the Rooks?  Because there are 20 Rooks all in one spot to attack, that's why!  It's not fun to strafe acks at an undefended field and hold out hope that someone eventually spawns so you can have a fight.  The fun for me is the fight.  Since Rooks were the closest fight around, and since the numbers were pretty even, that's where I went.

sorry i dont look at "leviathan" as a "biblical" name.

Your statement that I was a "cross bearer" led me to believe that you thought me a religious zealot of some sort.  Obviously, this isn't the case despite the term "leviathan" coming from, I think, Psalms and the book of Job.  I'm clarifying that the inspiration for my handle was Hobbes.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Explain this please.
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2001, 03:00:00 PM »
"Now.. quit trying to convince everyone you are so clever. Its not working."

lol.  yup DJ.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Explain this please.
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2001, 03:04:00 PM »
Am0n, it appears to me that you are looking for a logical or strategic based answer. I don't think there is one. I think Todd answered your question best. I base that assessment on my own preference when I enter the arena.

I look for the largest bar and the most dots and go there. I couldn't tell you how many fields each country has because it's not an issue to me. Most likely, there are several people who do that versus those that "go for the reset".

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
Explain this please.
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2001, 04:56:00 PM »
DejaVu you are full of toejam man, you say one thing and when i show you the flaw you come back with..  
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Now.. quit trying to convince everyone you are so clever.  

Well you dont stick to your guns to well. The path of least resistance is no resistance is it not? lets try to stay on the subject this time.
---------

Apache

I see, so for the most part people fly in the MA to kill the enemy, not to win the war?
thanks

Yea thats what levaithan said but i cant hold a intelligent conversation with someone who makes a unprovoked personal attacks on me. Seems this is the norm on the message boards, start toejam with one geek and you got to argue with him and his cheerleaders.

90% of the bellybutton holes on this thread i never once said anything to them and they all come at me hostile and make me out the be the "bad guy".

thanks for being a individual Apache, rare 'round here.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Explain this please.
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2001, 05:52:00 PM »

Pretty much sums it up, wouldn't ya say?

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Explain this please.
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2001, 05:55:00 PM »
LOL  :D

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
Explain this please.
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2001, 06:20:00 PM »
This why your all dweebs. Wake up and smell the roses.

AmOn, if ya wanna move to rook and help stem the tide sometime your welcome to. Warning: Everyonce in a while the rooks do have numbers. Not enough to win anything, but enough to help another country gangbang another. Believe me, I alienated many a rook cussin there SimpleMinded Path-o-Least Resistance tulips last time we had El Utero map up.

Come, join the party! Resist the BORG!

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Explain this please.
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2001, 07:00:00 PM »
Ripsnort=simple

Originally posted by Am0n:This was a logical question until i was flammed buy the babbling idiot.

Originally posted by Am0n:Yea thats what levaithan said but i cant hold a intelligent conversation with someone who makes a unprovoked personal attacks on me. Seems this is the norm on the message boards, start toejam with one geek and you got to argue with him and his cheerleaders.

90% of the bellybutton holes on this thread i never once said anything to them and they all come at me hostile and make me out the be the "bad guy".

Seems to me Am0n that you provoked the flame fest yourself.   :rolleyes:

Oh and before you have a go at me, I'm just taking an objective view of this thread.  Have another read and see who started throwing insults first...  Rip wasn't getting personal, you did.

btw Rip is a dweeb.  See, no cheerleading...  :)

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
Explain this please.
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2001, 08:16:00 PM »
Lizard i am a rook. wouldnt have it any other way  :D

----

Blue Mako
seems like i took ripsnort the wrong way, if i knew the guy maybe i wouldnt have but to me that seemed like a smart assed remark.

why would i "have a go at you", youve never been a salamander to me. besides my favorite lager comes from your country, thats enough for me to be kind.  :p

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Explain this please.
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2001, 08:29:00 PM »
my favorite lager comes from your country, thats enough for me to be kind.   :p

Better not say "Fosters".  Nobody but the tourists drinks that here.  :)

Offline vmfRazor

• Zinc Member
Explain this please.
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2001, 09:05:00 PM »
Why do some people feel they have to look for "Logic" in a game? Can't we just fly to have fun? Why do we have to be Logical? I have to be Logical at work. I come home and jump on the computer to have "Fun". And flying as a Knight I have spent many a day and night fighting off the Bishrooks. So what ,the, rooks had a taste of their own medicine for a change. GOOD I say. Now lets get back to the Keelin cause in the MA I see the Bishrooks are at it again  :)

RazorDD

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Explain this please.
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2001, 09:20:00 PM »
Yea thats what levaithan said but i cant hold a intelligent conversation with someone who makes a unprovoked personal attacks on me. Seems this is the norm on the message boards, start toejam with one geek and you got to argue with him and his cheerleaders.

So now a statement of fact is a personal insult?  The fact is that of everyone who was fighting at that field last night, you were the only one I heard openly complaining or taunting or whatever about it.  I respect that you continued to reup and fight regardless, but the fact nonetheless remains.

I also answered your question.  I didn't paint you out as an "amazinhunk."  If that's the impression some have here of you, I had nothing to do with it.

-- Todd/Leviathn