Author Topic: Alternatives to buying a Deer hunting license  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Alternatives to buying a Deer hunting license
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2002, 10:48:04 PM »
You have got to be kidding me.

at least nature doesn't do it on purpose for the fun of it.

Originally posted by Innominate
 The natural world is far more cruel than anything humans can do.

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2002, 10:51:38 PM »
really ammo?

turn them both inside out and post them on this bbs then explain to me exactly what the difference is.

Originally posted by -ammo-
there is a huge difference between a dead deer and a dead human kanth.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2002, 11:01:42 PM »
Hey, Elf.. just what the heck is "sheep genetillia" anyway?

Is that some sort of fancy evening meal or what?

"Tonite we have zee Salad Niçoise, Medallions of Veal Oscar and Sheep Genetillia followed by Peach Melba ".

Doan teel me U spant weigh two much time in that thar thred aboot speeeling or sumting?

Kanth, I suspect the driver of the Durango didn't do it on purpose for the fun of it.

(I sense a disturbance in the force...... I believe this is about to turn into an anti- thread.)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2002, 11:05:51 PM »
I never implied that he did Toad. I was responding to the post that I quoted in particular, that's why I quoted it.

Originally posted by Toad

Kanth, I suspect the driver of the Durango didn't do it on purpose for the fun of it.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2002, 11:18:06 PM »
Well said.

discussing the situation without the images wouldn't have been a problem for me. I felt blindsided tho by the images, when I was expecting something entirely different and I wanted to see if, I asked nicely,  it could be avoided in the future.

As far as whoever mentioned the mingers being disturbing, I agree but at least those are labled "mingers" every time, so I know not to look. If this one was labled "dead deer pictures" I would have known to skip it.

Originally posted by H. Godwineson
This is the natural world.  Animals and people die.  Country people love wildlife too.  They just don't delight in seeing them standing on the side of the road.  When they do see one, they grit their teeth and prepare to take evasive action.

When deer numbers are too high, you are likely to have one come crashing through the windshield.  Discussing the situation doesn't make us any less civilized.  Even the jokes are normal behavior.

Besides, everyone should have to kill their own meat at least once in a lifetime in order to gain a greater appreciation of it, and what it represents.

Regards, Shuckins

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2002, 11:19:23 PM »
Originally posted by Kanth
You have got to be kidding me.

at least nature doesn't do it on purpose for the fun of it.

In Response to:

Originally posted by Innominate
The natural world is far more cruel than anything humans can do.

True Kanth.... there was a story posted on this UBB a while back about a man cutting the legs off of dogs being kept in the pound and left 'em to suffer/die.

I guarantee you, what humans can dream up is 10x worse than anything you'll ever encounter in the "natural world".

I could bet a million bucks on that statement, and there's a 120% guarantee I'd win.
-SW

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2002, 11:48:17 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Hey, Elf.. just what the heck is "sheep genetillia" anyway?

Is that some sort of fancy evening meal or what?

"Tonite we have zee Salad Niçoise, Medallions of Veal Oscar and Sheep Genetillia followed by Peach Melba ".

Doan teel me U spant weigh two much time in that thar thred aboot speeeling or sumting?
.)

Damn Toad, I wish you would focus on what I mean instead of what I say. If I can't see it I can't spell it. Thank you for trying to make me look stupid, buit that's not necessary bud, I can do that myself.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2002, 09:01:27 AM »
So I guess it's okay if I post pictures of eviserated, burnt, shot mangled humans?

aeren't we a little senstivie?

If you can't discern the difference between human and animal.. well..(not counting the FDB's)

we have no common ground to speak on.

Offline rosco

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2002, 09:14:16 AM »
I dont see anything in this thread gory or gross, there arent any blood and guts strewn about, so other than the sight of a dead animal there is nothing to be offended about. And if you cant see the difference between a dead animal and a dead person, then arguing further is pointless, I feel sorry for you.

Deer are Ontario's most dangerious animal, more people killed and property damaged by deer than any other animal. There have been 5 on my road alone in the last year, myself being one of them. Six Thousand dollars damage.  Hit it at 80kmph, I wont go into any gory details so as not to offend anyone :rolleyes: but lets just say there wasnt anything worth salvageing for the freezer ;)  Only thing that saved me IMO is the fact I was in a truck, had it been a compact car, I dont think I would have been as lucky. Looking at the picture in this thread, im amazed the driver wasnt seriously hurt, or worse.

Offline H. Godwineson

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2002, 10:28:32 AM »
Kanth,

Sorry friend, but after spending a good portion of my life in close proximity to wildlife of all kinds I can state the following without fear of contradiction:

Predators enjoy killing their prey.  I have witnessed several kills by predators and, believe me, they appeared immensely pleased with themselves.

Having skinned several deer in my back yard I can also state that my dogs heartily approved of the entire process.  They watched the proceedings with unfeigned interest, at times offering to help when I was having difficulty.

My point is this.  Modern Americans have become increasing estranged from any close contact with the natural world.  The attempts to reestablish this contact by electronic means have distorted our understanding of the world that exists outside of our great metropolitan areas.

We see "through a glass, and darkly."

Disney and other animators have succeeded in grafting human emotions and morality upon wildlife.  While it is great entertainment for children, should we accept these perceptions as the truth?  Did you not find it utterly ridiculous that the opening scene in Disney's "The Lion King" shows all the animals bowing down and worshipping the young lion cub?  Worshipping a predator that is going to kill and devour many of them?  That movie was so rife with political correctness and offered a view of nature so distorted that, for me, it had no redeeming qualities.

Naturally (no pun intended) Hollywood bestowed much praise and many awards upon it.

The effect of all this upon our society has been profound.  Concern over animal rights and activism has grown ridiculous.  Many high school students, having been raised on this nonsense, now refuse to dissect animals in biology classes, preferring to use computer programs instead.  Their right to refuse has been back up by court rulings.  Can you imagine a medical student refusing to sink a scalpel into animal flesh during medical school but hoping to practice surgery on human beings?  That may have sounded impossible twenty years ago, but is rapidly becoming not only possible, but probable.

I am not advocating cruelty, only rationality.  The attempts by our modern society to graft human emotions and concepts of right and wrong on a natural system that is totally amoral, are ill-conceived.

Regards, Shuckins

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2002, 10:40:23 AM »
Shuckins- err.. most doctors DO disect human beings. They've been doing it for hundreds of years...

But it still stands true, what humans can dream up (and in turn do) is far worse than anything that occurs naturally.

Predators hunt their prey, and kill their prey. Anything else is percieved.

Humans, OTOH, can revel in tortue, death and other inhumane acts of violence.

Wildlife have stampedes, humans have riots.
-SW

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2002, 10:56:44 AM »
ya'll are making me hungry

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2002, 11:01:24 AM »
Originally posted by Modas

Can't be fenced in??  WTF?  Sure they can.  There is a HUGE buffalo farm just south of where I deer hunt.  Fence is about 12' high with 10 strands of electrifed wire.

They've never had any get out.  Maybe Ted T needs to crank up the juice to his fence.  Put enough voltage to it, they'll stop.

Yeah, I wondered about that, too. We have a ranch near (South Park!) w/ 6000 head of bison. They don't get out. Big fences. Lots of electricity.

dh
(who's hit 4 deer and one elk in last five years--our area averages two deer/auto wrecks per DAY--yes, Rip--just up the road from Salida :-)  )

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2002, 11:01:48 AM »
So hungee....

I dunno, I like veal more than I like venison... (different isn't it? veal is baby deer, venison is grown deer?)

I'm gonna go eat a baby!
-SW

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2002, 11:02:51 AM »
baby cow

and on the Bison thing.. easy to keep fenced as they don't jump like deer do !

(just imagining that is funny)