Author Topic: NJ flushes the law  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
NJ flushes the law
« on: October 02, 2002, 06:32:29 PM »
N.J. Courts Rule Democrats Can Replace Torricelli

How can they just rewrite the law?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=578&e=3&cid=578&u=/nm/20021002/ts_nm/politics_newjersey_dc

As I understand it, there isn't any recourse as this is a state issue and the state's "Supreme" court just "fixed" it for the handsomehunkcrats

never ceased to be amazed by the outright illegal, immoral, liberal handsomehunkes called democrats :rolleyes:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Re: NJ flushes the law
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 06:41:17 PM »
How can they just rewrite the law?

As I understand it, there isn't any recourse as this is a state issue and the country's "Supreme" court just "fixed" it for the ratpublicans.

Heheh, this sounds familiar.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
NJ flushes the law
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 06:51:00 PM »
Florida and New Jersey have achieved balance. :D
sand

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
NJ flushes the law
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2002, 06:54:39 PM »
Thrawn-

I realize you're Canadian, but you have to agree there is a pattern emerging here with the Democrats during elections- if you don't agree with the application of the law, take it to the State Supreme Court. It does render laws rather meaningless, doesn't it? And... think of all the wonderful elections we'll now have! Is your candidate 20pts behind in the polls? Replace him!

Heck, think about the next presidential election! "We want Hillary... er, no, we wanted Gore! That's right, Gore!... er, wait, we meant Bradley, that's right, Bradley!... but wait...Daschle is looking less wimpy now..."

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
NJ flushes the law
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2002, 06:57:45 PM »
Eagler, just wait till election day and see what the Dems do in Missouri!!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
NJ flushes the law
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2002, 07:02:13 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
Thrawn-

I realize you're Canadian, but you have to agree there is a pattern emerging here with the Democrats during elections- if you don't agree with the application of the law, take it to the State Supreme Court.  

Oh, absolutely.  I was having fun at Eagler's expense.  My apologies.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
NJ flushes the law
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2002, 07:17:48 PM »
never ceased to be amazed by the outright illegal, immoral, liberal handsomehunkes called democrats

aparently it's ok for the courts and a brother on the election board to fix a presidential election.  but if you want the courts work the other way it's a problem :rolleyes:

I'll trade ya straight up. one presidential election (deciding who wins) for one congresional election(deciding who can try to win.

I don't nescasarily agree with this decision but it stinks no more than florida in november.

why do the same people who said "the courts decided live with it." cry the loudest when the courts don't go their way.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
NJ flushes the law
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2002, 07:21:58 PM »
the absentee ballots are already printed with the torch and have been distributed

what'll happen there?

Florida 2000 did not rewrite any law in the election process

NJ flat out broke it - amazing

and are the ppl of NJ so desperate they'll go along with the crime and vote for the illegally appointed handsomehunkcrat rep?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
NJ flushes the law
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2002, 07:29:32 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
the absentee ballots are already printed with the torch and have been distributed

what'll happen there?

Florida 2000 did not rewrite any law in the election process

NJ flat out broke it - amazing

and are the ppl of NJ so desperate they'll go along with the crime and vote for the illegally appointed handsomehunkcrat rep?

What's the check and balance for the NJ state judicary?

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
NJ flushes the law
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2002, 07:31:09 PM »
U.S. Supreme Court .  And here we go again.

Those Reps wont let us cheat. How can that be? LOL

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
NJ flushes the law
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2002, 07:31:24 PM »
the "brother" was not on any election board, can't you liberals every stop lieing?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
NJ flushes the law
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2002, 07:34:13 PM »
"4. The Justices of the Supreme Court and the Judges of the Superior Court shall be subject to impeachment, and any judicial officer impeached shall not exercise his office until acquitted. The Judges of the Superior Court shall also be subject to removal from office by the Supreme Court for such causes and in such manner as shall be provided by law."

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/lawsconstitution/constitution.asp

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
NJ flushes the law
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2002, 08:35:20 PM »
Hey Capt., my memory must be better than yours. As I recall, the Dems wanted a recount- and got it. Then they wanted another- and got it. Then the deadline came and went- you know, the deadline set by law? Then the Dems went to the SSC and got an illegal extension.

Refresh my memory, who was trying to fix an election?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
NJ flushes the law
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2002, 10:09:50 PM »
Maybe we should all just start mailing our ballots directly to the US Supreme Court.  ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
NJ flushes the law
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2002, 07:11:56 AM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

What's the check and balance for the NJ state judicary?

The sopranos  :)