Author Topic: Grounded :(  (Read 459 times)

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Grounded :(
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2000, 10:31:00 PM »
Udie;

Sadly, I had much the problem you describe.  I could never find any fault with any of my components, changed pots nada yada.  I swapped sound cards, game ports and game cards.  NO LUCK!

For my system the problem would occur after a short period of use.  I suspected component heating, but nothing really got hot.  I finally settled upon the solution that my system / Win98 could not handle all the analog components at once. (Joystick - Throttle - Rudder)  Sooner or later spiking made the game unplayable.

I never solved the problem....

I adapted!   ---> USB components work flawlessly and with AH you can mix and match USB and analog.  

Basically do this.  Find a good USB joystick that you like (Logitech Wingman Extreme is cheap to test).  You will use that joystick hooked into your USB port.  Also hook up your old analog joystick in combo with your analog throttle and rudder, same as before into your game / sound card.  So you now have 2 joysticks connected, along with throttle and rudder. One joystick is USB and one is analog, with throttle and rudder connect into the analog joystick.  

Now go into the AH joystick set-up.  Configure AH to use your USB joystick, your analog throttle and rudder.  Your analog joystick gets ignored by AH.  The only reason it is connected is because your computor system needs it connected to use the throttle and the rudder.

Re-joice!  Send me some E-mail I'll give you my telephone number if you still need help.  

Good Luck!    

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

"hehehe...I like this thread squealing Bastids!"
SOB

[This message has been edited by Minotaur (edited 09-06-2000).]

Offline indian

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2000, 11:54:00 PM »
Udie look at Best Buy Siatek X36 combo was 79 dollars. The PDPI card did not help as much as the usb does, not to mention they kind of sold out, not sure if you can buy one now or not. They do have a phone number but noone there seems to care to much. Cant remember the name of the compnay right now. but if you can buy the X36 combo you wont regret it.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
Indians Home page were links to help pages can be found.
Indian's Homepage

funked

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2000, 12:11:00 AM »
If you want a PDPI card, I have one new, in box, only used once.  It worked fine, but conflicted with my on-board sound card.  So I had to choose between having sound and having the PDPI.  

Send me an email if you are interested.  funkedup@raf303.org

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2000, 12:18:00 AM »
Udie..

Make sure you go to CH web site for the Win98 drivers. My CH stick stop workin in Win98. These drivers are a must.

Dog out..

Offline crabofix

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2000, 04:18:00 AM »

Hey, Udie....

Guess what......get the newest drivers for your graphic card.

My stick did the same and I was nearly throwing the whole puter out the window....

But this solved it for me.

Crabofix

Offline shdo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2000, 12:42:00 PM »
Udie,

Go into your gameport setup and see if you have "poll with interupts" enabled.  When I reinstalled Win98 I forgot to uncheck it and had the same problems.  

shdo

Offline SIFTER

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2000, 05:20:00 PM »
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH! "Udie!, This is Berserkr". "Over"...... "Waiting on runway two-north..................???????" "Udie!, please respond?"
Get that damn thing fixed, Dude! Hang in there buddy!Never say die! I think it might be your TNT2 video card? You should pull that thing out immediately and sell it cheap to a guy in central California (upon receipt of your new card, of course) I hope this Joy problem goes away soon. I spend lots of time helping friends out of these spots, and I'm thankful its not my system!It sucks when the friend lives far away and I can't stress over the problem in person.   These guys are sharp! One of those solutions should work? (Fingers crossed)CYA soon buddy! Sorry, I didn't realize you were approaching the end of your patience on this problem!   Thanx guys!
I need to see cons on your six so I can practice my "High Deflection, Lead Injection"!              BERSERKR