Author Topic: the need for "ready rooms"  (Read 99 times)

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
the need for "ready rooms"
« on: October 05, 2002, 09:21:02 AM »
Let me start by saying that I love this "game", and everything that HT and his crew do to keep it fresh..... well maybe not the bomb calibration mode  :)

I think we need a ready room set-up like that "other game" had. We have a lot of players in our squad that like the "planned missions" with way points and all, but with the spy problem it just isn't feasible to use it. One of our squad mates even has gone thru the trouble to figure times for how long each aircraft takes to get to certain alt so that multi-pronged attacks from different bases starting at different times all arrive at the proper times for the plan to work. Its a lot of time and effort wasted if a spy calls ahead and you run into a 50 plane cap with a 5k alt advantage.

If we had a ready room that you had to request permission to enter from the person that opened the ready room, then only those allowed into the ready room would be able to see the plan. This wouldn't stop the spying, but it could slow it down alot.  The veterans would have no trouble getting in on missions, and it would promote the newbies hooking up with veterans to learn the game better as well as build a reputation as a team player with their countries.

Its a shame to have such a great plan editor, not being used. For the most part its used to get jabo runs together.... how many hvy tiffies, La7, hog runs with goons can ya run? Its the same plan over and over. There are alot of people out there that would love to do nothing but make these hugh plans to see them work.... or fail :)

It would bring back a great dimension to the game.... tactics ! Both strategic, as well as offensive.  Well just a thought... a good one I hope  :D

Maddog Joe