Author Topic: Lockups lockups and MORE lockups  (Read 823 times)

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Lockups lockups and MORE lockups
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2002, 04:37:27 PM »
39C under load. Cleaning out the dust bunnies did help though. Running bout 37C now under load. Im clocked at 100fsb. I'm pretty certain bout the temps but I dont have any software installed to monitor temps in Win. Have to ck from bios. At idle, say when I first boot up, is in the low 30s. I have my bios temp warning set at 45C, once the temp reaches this I have an audible alarm.
- TWBYDHAS

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2002, 04:38:47 PM »
hows the cooling for the vid card?

leave the box open and place a table fan blowing in just as a test

SKurj

Offline Hussein

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2002, 05:23:26 PM »
Kappa you have to remember that overclocking your FSB also overclocks PCI and AGP ports and some display cards respond badly to out-of-spec AGP speed..

Edit: Unless your motherboard can be set to default 100Mhz that would change the multipliers back to normal settings.

So if you still lock up, reduce to stock speed and try again.

Look at the bright side: If it starts to work you have an excuse to ditch the crap-o celeron finally :)

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2002, 09:08:59 PM »
yup,. had a ton o problems overclocking as the AGP also get overclocked. A lot of screen freezes and Dumped to desk top. Best not to overclock or try reducing Hardware preformance in your Video card setup.

My best guess would be the card just does not like the OCing...

Dog out............

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2002, 07:04:02 AM »
Originally posted by Hussein
Kappa you have to remember that overclocking your FSB also overclocks PCI and AGP ports and some display cards respond badly to out-of-spec AGP speed..

Edit: Unless your motherboard can be set to default 100Mhz that would change the multipliers back to normal settings.

So if you still lock up, reduce to stock speed and try again.

Look at the bright side: If it starts to work you have an excuse to ditch the crap-o celeron finally :)

at 100MHZ bus the AGP port is not overclocked.  With any recent motherboards you'll have an agp divider.  I don't suspect this is the problem, but RTFM and you'll see for sure.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2002, 12:00:04 PM »
The BM6 is not a recent mobo...
I'm not saying it doesn't overclock the AGP.. just saying

SKurj

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2002, 12:20:03 PM »
Originally posted by SKurj
The BM6 is not a recent mobo...
I'm not saying it doesn't overclock the AGP.. just saying

SKurj

BM6 is recent enough...  I guess we could go DL the manual and know for sure...  Should be in the bios right under CPUsetup.

/:edit

this is right out of the manual. with this being a BX board running with the default divider and at the 100MHZ FSB you ARE NOT running the AGP out of spec.

AGPCLK/CPUCLK:
The default setting is “ 2/3”. In this state, the AGP bus speed will be the CPU bus
speed divided by 3 and times 2. If you choose the setting to “ 1/1 ”, the AGP bus
speed will equal to the CPU bus speed.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2002, 01:54:47 PM by Dingbat »

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2002, 03:13:16 PM »
Thanks dudes...  This setup w/ overclocking and all is the same I have used for the last few years. It has untill now worked flawlessly. Sorry I have not responded sooner but as you can understand I was worried I might jinx myself. I think I have found my fix by bumping up my cpu voltage. No lockups for the last 2 nights. All else seems ok now. Guess my celery is just gettin old and needs a lil more juice to keep clicking. 8) I'm now running at 1.65v. Please think kindly of me as I could use all the good carma obtainable.

thanks all for making me think,
kappa
- TWBYDHAS

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2002, 06:54:14 PM »
Start putting a little upgrade cash aside every payday...

SKurj

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2002, 04:59:26 AM »
Thanks guy... Care to donate to the Betterment of kappa Foundation? Or anyone else?

kappa
- TWBYDHAS