Author Topic: hey could u help me  (Read 350 times)

Offline NOD2000

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
hey could u help me
« on: October 07, 2002, 09:54:30 PM »
ok i have this whole map made with a-20 skinned the way it should look and now it won't let me save iti click copy and nothing happens i click set destination and that circle is just clicked nothing else but i can't figure out how to save this thing and transfer the map over to aces high so i can use it

and vort yes i did read the help file and all it says is click it then set ur destination and if u click it and nothing happens well then i am doin somethin wrong that HTC didn't explain well enough

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
hey could u help me
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2002, 01:30:34 AM »
It'd be easier to help you, if you'd give enough information so someone could know what you're doing.

Offline NOD2000

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
hey could u help me
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2002, 12:01:21 PM »
all i am trying to do is save it....

i click copy (cuz save as won't work) and nothing happens i click set detination and nothing happens

mabey the files are saving but where are they going....

sorry about before my logic is all messed up that happend when u get strep throat

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
hey could u help me
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2002, 01:11:34 PM »
ok so you have already got the plane skinned and your trying to put the skin into the map? or are you trying to build the map? im having problems what your getting at here.

Offline NOD2000

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
hey could u help me
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2002, 01:42:14 PM »
i have the skin it is done i have looked it over in the terrain editor i have a simple map and when i go to copy the map nothing happens also when i click set destination nothing happens

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
hey could u help me
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2002, 03:50:17 PM »
Originally posted by NOD2000
i have the skin it is done i have looked it over in the terrain editor i have a simple map and when i go to copy the map nothing happens also when i click set destination nothing happens

I'm going to call your simple terrain map STM

Q1)
i have the skin it is done i have looked it over in the terrain editor
A1: do you mean that you placed the plane that you are reskining while in the editor in your STM terrain and you can see the skin changes on that plane?

Q2)
i have a simple map and when i go to copy the map nothing happens
A2: do you mean that you built your STM terrain and when you copy your STM.res that the editor made and paste it to your C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High\terrains folder that you can't paste it? or can't select the terrain when running aceshigh?

Q3)
also when i click set destination nothing happen
A3: not sure what this is referring to?

Pokie

Offline NOD2000

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
hey could u help me
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2002, 12:41:07 PM »
1)yes i put the shape of a A-20g on SMT and i looked the new paint job over on the plane and i liked it. it is a perminate structure outside the base on SMT that when i change the planes paint job i can open the editor up and look it over

2)this is the problem when i go click copy in the terrain editor (that makes the SMT a .res) nothing happens

what is spoused to happen......... is that the editor makes a copy of all my files for SMT together (new map, new skin for the planes in the map yada yada yada) and put the new copy of SMT in the system folder of AHeditor

basically i can't get a new copy of SMT taht i can just cut and paste in the AH folder to use as a day to day map

3) next to the copy button  there is a button u can click that says set destination it is spouased to make it where i can send the copy of SMT to a certin place but when i try and opean it nothing happens

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
hey could u help me
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2002, 01:26:41 PM »
vort say

to create the .res file

you go to the file button and click on build

you then quite the TE and click on yes when it asks you to save

then you go into the terrains subfolder in the te folder the .res with the name of your map will be there

then you copy it (ctrl c) and paste it into the aces high terrain folder