Author Topic: Da speech...  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
Da speech...
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2002, 08:20:01 AM »
Burn Baby Burn!!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Da speech...
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2002, 08:24:41 AM »
If, say, US intelligence had proof that Iraq had already developed and possibly tested small nuclear dirty weapons, would it be in the US best interest to share this info with the news media? (inadvertently Saddam himself know what we know)

Does the thought of some sort of suitcase nuclear device detonating in NY or San Fran or somewhere scare the crap outa ya? It does me.

A year and a half ago if someone told you that people would hijack passenger airliners and crash them into the WTC towers collapsing them and killing thousands of US civilians, would it have been far fetched to you?

What's so far fetched about a nuclear device being detonated in manhattan? Our intelligence was not at all aware of the hijackers plans at that time. What makes us think we know the threat Iraq has for the US?

Maybe this Iraq stuff is just politics, but what if it's not? What if there's intelligence telling us that Iraq is close to or possibly already does have a nuclear device? Some of you guys seem really smug and overly confident.

Offline N1kPaz

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
hblair
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2002, 08:27:45 AM »
you are right...and like the administration has been saying...why look for a smoking gun? once the gun is smoking, it has obviously already been fired.

then it is too late. . . . . .

Let there be WAR!!!!!

Muhahahahahahahaahh !

sorry...im just a bit of a warmonger and patriot this morning. . .

« Last Edit: October 08, 2002, 08:37:57 AM by N1kPaz »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Da speech...
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2002, 08:48:28 AM »
pay me now or pay me later

I say action not reaction

blow his arse away if/when our inspector gadgets can't inspect

nice poll by the way .. CNN/USA :rolleyes: and it is almost split at that :)

I find the fact the networks didn't even carry the speech treasonous. Guess a war is not as important as another "please end this boring sport" playoff baseball game or the "killer bees" episode of fear factor :rolleyes:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Da speech...
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2002, 10:50:14 AM »
Lets assume for a moment that Iraq has a suitcased sized "dirty bomb". Remember, this is not a nuclear device, but a conventional bomb capable of dispersing nuclear material.

Then lets assume that we attack Iraq.

Would this attack reduce the possibility that this dirty bomb would be deployed? Why?

Not sure I agree with sandman regarding the Gulf War, but I am really sick of seeing some people in here call every dissenter to GWB a USA Hater. You few must have a  sick and twisted idea of what America is all about.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Da speech...
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2002, 11:02:37 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Lets assume for a moment that Iraq has a suitcased sized "dirty bomb". Remember, this is not a nuclear device, but a conventional bomb capable of dispersing nuclear material.

Would this attack reduce the possibility that this dirty bomb would be deployed? Why?

Not sure I agree with sandman regarding the Gulf War, but I am really sick of seeing some people in here call every dissenter to GWB a USA Hater. You few must have a  sick and twisted idea of what America is all about.

Isn't it obvious that if Iraq (Sadaam Husein) has a dirty bomb destined of the USofA and then Iraq is either reformed or terraformed that said threat goes away?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Da speech...
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2002, 11:12:15 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

Well, I for one am sick of watching you poo poo every decision of this current administration in the name of politics without consideration of the American public, that  is so "Southern California" of you to be concerned only about you, your politics, and diddly everyone else.

Yes, we know the center of the universe revolves around you Midnight.:rolleyes:

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Da speech...
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2002, 11:24:32 AM »
lib's make the US soft... :mad:

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Da speech...
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2002, 11:49:28 AM »
Holy Rip just LOST it!!!

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Da speech...
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2002, 12:06:22 PM »
Ripsnort, are you calling Dick Armey a southern californian closet communist plant?

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Da speech...
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2002, 12:07:15 PM »
How many dozen UN resolutions has Saddam Hussein ignored?

If sanctions don't work, and a few more dozen resolutions don't work, unless the UN is going to be a more impotent organization than it is, the military option is all that is left.

Apparently only GWB and the right wing dittoheads that blindly follow him think that this is important. (me too)

I hate to invoke the ghost of Neville Chamberlain, but negotiating without the military recourse is not very effective, and when the negotiations have proven ineffective, then the option should be exercised.

And just an aside, if you believe that renewed weapons inspections limited by Iraq can be effective, I would like to play some three card monty with you.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Da speech...
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2002, 12:11:48 PM »
Yikes!

I thought I was asking a legitimate question there Ripsnort. Where the heck did all that venom come from?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Da speech...
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2002, 12:16:54 PM »
yeah, I lost it (When you see the F from me, I've lost it...) Apologies, I guess I was reading too much into the question.

Sitting at work with a cold, feeling miserable, and not feeling good about ANY war, no matter how necessary it is...

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Da speech...
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2002, 03:03:02 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ

Is that what your buddies in Iraqi intelligence are telling you Sandman - who for the second time of major world crisis sides with Iraq over the USA...

Think it was Time or CNN...
sand

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Da speech...
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2002, 03:04:33 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
I'm obviously an idiot because only somebody with your superior left wing intellect could seea  connection with these nicely drawn circa 2002 pie charts and your bizzare support of the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990.  Why are you trying to change the subject sandman?

Not changing the subject at all... just not buying into your typical argument.

First... you draw a conclusion and then demand an explanation on why your conclusion is wrong. It's your conclusion. You can sort it out on your own, big boy.

I'm not playing.
sand