Author Topic: EZ Mode 2  (Read 190 times)

Offline Texman11

• Zinc Member
EZ Mode 2
« on: December 29, 2001, 03:29:00 PM »
Alrighty then,

In the previous EZ Mode post, I inquired about how to turn easy mode on for my 3 1/2 y.o. to practice with.  A couple of replies tried to help,  then it turned into a silly
(read non-helpful) Allied/Axis squabble.  As the new versions do not have the easy mode enable/disable options in setup,  how is this accomplished?

Thank You for listening

Texman
"Don't squat with yer spurs on"
"Don't compare Axis/Allied planes while
I have my spurs on!"

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
EZ Mode 2
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2001, 03:44:00 PM »
There is not now, never has been, and "easy" mode flight model for Aces High.  You can't "enable" it because there is no such thing.  The flight model is the flight model.

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
EZ Mode 2
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2001, 03:44:00 PM »
HiTexman,
         No flame here but EZmode has never existed in AH in any form that I am aware of so I'm not sure what you were refering to. There is an auto-takeoff button in Setup/flight that makes it easier to get in the air and a combat trim button to keep the AC relatively in trim throughout its flight envelope. These features are the only ones that I know of that approximate any sort of EZmode and are there to help new players get acclimated to the flight model,which is admittedly difficult. This is as it should be IMHO and HTC has no plans that I am aware of to make an EZmode or Relaxed Realism flight model. I hope this answers your question.

kbman

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
EZ Mode 2
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2001, 06:07:00 PM »
Fellas, whether it worked or not I can tell you there was an easymode toggle in the old setup. I tried it and thought there were some differences. Take this from a fella who was using the setup early in the CM corps days, and there was no handbook- everything was trial-and-error. I found that offline it did have an effect. If I am told there is no longer the option I'll believe it because I haven't looked, and I was gone for an extended break. It was there before, nonetheless.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
EZ Mode 2
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2001, 06:50:00 PM »
Yep Kieran's right previous versions had an entry called EZ moise.. No more.

Texman tell your daddy he can contact the AH trainers and they're more than happy to help him out.

3 1/2 yr old eh?... heheheh you knew you wern't going to get that past us   :)
10B

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: 10Bears ]

Offline Texman11

• Zinc Member
EZ Mode 2
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2001, 09:02:00 PM »
10B,

I AM the daddy (maybe even yours  :D ), and the 3 1/2 y.o. has been flyin with me since he was 2 wks ( the old AW2 days on AOL).

Kieren,

Thanks,  I knew there was an easy mode toggle.

Lepthurn,

PPTTTHHHHHHHH!

Texman

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
EZ Mode 2
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2001, 10:28:00 PM »
The Easy mode sysvar, never had an effect. There never has been any easy mode in AH, only a varible that was put in but never used from the first design.

HiTech

Offline majic

• Silver Member
EZ Mode 2
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2001, 10:32:00 PM »
What happened to the bribes sig HT?

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
EZ Mode 2
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2001, 11:54:00 PM »
Like HT said, it never worked... *rasberries*

Offline Vector

• Nickel Member
EZ Mode 2
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2001, 12:19:00 AM »
S!

No easymode as stated but you can make it easier by turning auto takeoff and combat trim on. There are no tricks for landings tho.

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
EZ Mode 2
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2001, 05:37:00 AM »
Texman do you realize what you're doing to the egoes of the top pilots here if your 3.5 y.o. comes and shoots them down?

*shiver*   :D

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
EZ Mode 2
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2001, 09:59:00 AM »
Don't know about the arena, but a 3-1/2 year old should fit in fine on the board.....