Author Topic: making the tower check board work ?  (Read 257 times)

Offline blue308

• Copper Member
making the tower check board work ?
« on: October 09, 2002, 02:43:47 PM »
i need some help. I've been trying to put together an airfield, thats nor quite of usuall appearance. I want to make real grass field, on the esge of a forest, with no big hangers or concrete runways. So far i've been able to what u can see on the picture below. Now... is it possible too:

-make those little fighters (reskinned a6m2s) act as FHs
-make bigger ones (reskinned TMBs) act as BHs
-make the m3 next to the tower act as VH
-make a VTower act as an airfield tower
-make Tents act as town buildings
-trucks acting as Ammo Bunkers
-Drums acting as Fuel Tanks

I did all that (defining object function) and it seems to work, but when i destroy, lets say all fuels, i dont see it written on the check board in tower. It says fuel is 125% although i cant take more than 25% in HNGR. So, is there a way to make check board display correct info ?

Another problem with my map: i made 4 fields and 3 HQs (one for each country) and in-game i see only 2 HQs and both are Bish (double-checked that in editor they are assigned correctly).

And the last question (for now ;) ) : why the skins i placed on a6m2 appear only when the camera gest close enough ? The TBM skin seems to be working ok at all ranges. U can even see that on the picture -> the Zekes to the left are green, the ones upper-right are white...
Anyone can help me on that, id appreciate it :)

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
Re: making the tower check board work ?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2002, 03:28:33 PM »
i need some help. I've been trying to put together an airfield, thats nor quite of usuall appearance. I want to make real grass field, on the esge of a forest, with no big hangers or concrete runways. So far i've been able to what u can see on the picture below. Now... is it possible too:

-make those little fighters (reskinned a6m2s) act as FHs
-make bigger ones (reskinned TMBs) act as BHs
-make the m3 next to the tower act as VH
-make a VTower act as an airfield tower
-make Tents act as town buildings
-trucks acting as Ammo Bunkers
-Drums acting as Fuel Tanks  
Yes you can do this (99.9999% sure :D ).  The only shape I would say not to alter is the maptbl1 which is set as maproom.
I did all that (defining object function) and it seems to work, but when i destroy, lets say all fuels, i dont see it written on the check board in tower. It says fuel is 125% although i cant take more than 25% in HNGR. So, is there a way to make check board display correct info ?
I never seen the check board work in offline or H2H.  I believe it only works online.
Another problem with my map: i made 4 fields and 3 HQs (one for each country) and in-game i see only 2 HQs and both are Bish (double-checked that in editor they are assigned correctly).
Did you try deleting all the Hq's and try placing them again?  If you delete them you should then shut down the editor and restart it.

Pokie

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
Re: making the tower check board work ?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2002, 05:46:22 PM »
Originally posted by blue308

Without proper docs to confirm this 100% but I believe the mininum requirements have changed to:

1) you need at least 3 zones, 1 for each Country
2) you need at least 3 Fields, 1 for each Country
3) you need 1 Headquarter for each Country

so...........

Start a new terrain

place a Headquarter: set as Bishop, set as Zone 1
place a Headquarter: set as Knight, set as Zone 2
place a Headquarter: set as Rook, set as Zone 3
Place a Field: set as Field 1 / Zone 1
Place a Field: set as Field 2 / Zone 2
Place a Field: set as Field 3 / Zone 3

P.S Remember that these Fields ( FIELD_L, FIELD_M, FIELD_S, FIELD_V and CVTG1 ) don't have maprooms with them!!!
Only the Ports and the cdepot have the maprooms with them.

Also, don't forget to get rid of the extra Tower that you'll have for Field 1.

This will give you the proper look when you make your .res file ( build the terrain )

Pokie

Offline blue308

• Copper Member
making the tower check board work ?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2002, 08:37:18 PM »
great, thank You :)