Author Topic: Warning!  (Read 785 times)

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Warning!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2002, 02:46:02 PM »
Variations: use water as water and grass as shallow water. I did this way back when the TE was first released ( before HTC added Terr0018,19,20) Drawbacks are GV's can enter the shallow water for 1 mile

what if a mostly transparent tile was 'floated' like 2 feet above with collide set to on?   :eek:

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
Warning!
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2002, 03:22:58 PM »
I think Barrier and Structure are the new objects.

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Warning!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2002, 01:09:58 AM »
Besides all the updated 'Factory' shape groups, including 'HQ" etc, I have found these objects:

GC019 - Clump of trees for a more forest type look. Will probably work well as forest edges when reworking the Pizza texture or whatever texture you use for 'forest canopies' or to add a more forested look as the normal ground cover object.
GC020 - A leafless deciduous tree!  (Winter/Fall anyone?)
RADRTWR - The RADAR tower definitely looks cool!
REVTMNT - Yes! Aircraft Revetments!

Nuttz, have you used the new texture features to make tall grass yet? i.e.- Instead of as tree canopies, placing it at about 4 feet above the ground and making it look like tall grass or farm crops? The only reason I ask is I was wondering if there were any clipping errors with vehicles driving through it. I figure if anyone has done this yet, you have :D

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Warning!
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2002, 01:00:26 PM »
Originally posted by Sundog
Besides all the updated 'Factory' shape groups, including 'HQ" etc, I have found these objects:

GC019 - Clump of trees for a more forest type look. Will probably work well as forest edges when reworking the Pizza texture or whatever texture you use for 'forest canopies' or to add a more forested look as the normal ground cover object.
GC020 - A leafless deciduous tree!  (Winter/Fall anyone?)
RADRTWR - The RADAR tower definitely looks cool!
REVTMNT - Yes! Aircraft Revetments!

I think that leafless tree suits a battle field more to be honest, but thats just me.

Btw, can someone show me a screenie of the REVTMNT object,  not going to be able to fix my comp until the weekend, at least

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Warning!
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2002, 02:39:26 PM »
revetment
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Warning!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2002, 03:09:33 PM »
ooo

so whats it for?

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
Re: Warning!
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2002, 09:15:29 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
DO NOT use any of the new objects in the Terrain Editor.  They will not work until the next release/patch of Aces High and may change.
I was wondering if that meant more about "Object Properties" like the structure and Barrier than new "Available Shapes" objects like GC0019 and REVTMNT?

The group objects AAAFact.obg, AmmoFact.obg and RadFact.obg have the REVTMNT shapes in them.

Pokie

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Warning!
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2002, 10:12:32 PM »
Yes Pokie, it includes those new objects, er, so I was told :D . As for the factories, if you release a terrain for HTC to build, they will probably just build it with a version that has the current standard factories would be my guess.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Warning!
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2002, 09:51:49 AM »
Originally posted by Sundog
The only reason I ask is I was wondering if there were any clipping errors with vehicles driving through it. I figure if anyone has done this yet, you have :D

You certainly do get clipping errors but that is actaully the goal to make stuff appear and dissappear almost randomly as it travels across the tile and you travle over it.

I experimented doing this by putting the Rastenburg HQ (famously in a forest) half under a forest canopy............ everything under it clipped normally in a convincing manner.........

Unfortunately towers sticking through it clipped on and off whole sale.........so a tank turret 5ft above the grass may not be a problem but a 200 ft tower suddenly appearing is   "not quite right"
Ludere Vincere

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Warning!
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2002, 07:41:59 PM »
This is Finnish wooden version of revetments: "Konekorsu":D

When I can use it in Combat Theater becoming map?:confused:
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment