Author Topic: Request to Hitech?  (Read 615 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Request to Hitech?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2002, 07:45:50 PM »
That is just EXCELLENT!! Crow, you sure know how to skin them interiors!

HTC, we really need a sub-directories accounting for each plane textures as in sound folders!!

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Request to Hitech?
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2002, 07:57:17 PM »
but that must be integral part of AH, chose skin option
That cannot works same like sounds or gunsights.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Request to Hitech?
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2002, 08:59:13 PM »
 Actually, it is VERY much like the sound folders, almost exact same in general concept.

Texture skinning's actually pretty simple in theory, and as we can see in the case of the terrain editor, the 3D model uses both exterior and interior depictions by simply using textures in BMP format. If it was something hard-modelled like the cockpits in IL-2, it would be 'integral'.

Thus, the problem is when the terrain is loaded, the 3D model chooses different BMP textures to "paste" on to the polygons. The exterior textures are pasted individually, according to planes, while the interiors are pasted with only one generic source. If HTC can designate the interior texture source to be also pasted in a plane-specific manner, the problem can pretty much be easily solved.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Request to Hitech?
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2002, 08:30:17 AM »
Not with out some major changes cowboy.

The resone lots of planes share gauges is simply download size and tex memory requirements.

Offline crowbaby

• Copper Member
Request to Hitech?
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2002, 08:36:53 AM »
I understand. I had been hoping it would be a small change, ah well, i'll have to learn to skin the outsides instead.

I do appreciate you letting us know, thanks.