Author Topic: Mirror wings and skin bugs  (Read 321 times)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Mirror wings and skin bugs
« on: October 13, 2002, 02:10:07 PM »
I am making new Finnish skin to Bf 109 G6. G6's and many more plane's (for ex. F4F) wing skins are mirrored, I mean there is only one wing skin and TE use it to both wings. Now my finnish blue swastika is mirror on right wing (up and down sides) and it is not nice/right looking!

I has made Hurricane Mk I Finnish skins too. I think there is something wrong/bug with it's skins, because yellow "eastern front" ribbon is not visible under the plane, it stays light gray. Ribbon is front of plane (after spinner) and between rudder and cabin.

Is there coming some TE update to repair those problems or do you know any hints and tips? :confused:
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Mirror wings and skin bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2002, 08:14:15 PM »
Anybody knows nothing for this problem???

G2 skin files contains file "109G62" where are both upper wings. All the Bf 109's (except the new E4) has the same type wing file: there are them both. For ex. 109G22 file contains them and they are visible on game, too (because of Finnish blue svastika, I quess). Why the 109G62 file doesn't do it? Light version or what? ;)

Bf 109 G6 also have a "tulip" on the nose. It covers the nose skin and I can do anything, because I didn't found the "tulip" bmp. Where it is?:confused:

And what is wrong with that Hurricane Mk I skin? For ex. the original Hurricane MK II C has blue ribbon around her tail and it is working very good in game. But the nose below skin is not good looking in every three Hurricanes: it's not symmetric....

And when the TE upgrate is coming? I have used next new shapes/objects on my new FinRus map:

GC019 - Clump of trees for a more forest type look. I have edited them as pines.
GC020 - A leafless deciduous tree. Very nice looking!
REVTMNT - Aircraft Revetments, I have skinned it Finnish type wooden plane dugout.

Sabre needs my map after two weeks to CT - help me, please!:(
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment