Author Topic: Kerian, Come Fly the New Beta FPS did Big jump  (Read 156 times)

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Kerian, Come Fly the New Beta FPS did Big jump
« on: October 18, 2002, 11:04:43 PM »
Keiran, come try the newest beta release. FPS went right back up where they shoulda been. I went from 40 to 60-80. Had 107 looking up at the fixed clouds.

HC

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2002, 11:15:54 PM »
Can non-customers download it to try offline?

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2002, 11:19:04 PM »
IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!  :eek:
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2002, 11:31:59 PM »
Wab, if you have a key # from the original CD you can dl all the patches and play it offline. Not sure about the beta though. That might be for selected paying customers (though I will defer to hardcase on that)

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2002, 11:36:14 PM »
I dont think you can get the beta because it comes as an update. They don't have the full version for D/L yet. They do have the 1.65 version(full install),that you can play offline, but it is no where like the beta. 1.65 would upgrade you thru playgate to versions 1.66. Difference of night an day on the beta.

If you do have the original CD, you can reopen an account, then throw the cd away. D/l that 1.65 version, go to 1.66 and play the beta.

Bushman is the process of making one of his great videos.
Will post a link whenever.

I think kerian has an account. I'm hoping this release is the turn around point.

HC
« Last Edit: October 18, 2002, 11:38:59 PM by hardcase »

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2002, 12:19:28 AM »
Weav, I never bought a cd...yet.   I keep downloading it every once in a while to check their progress.

They haven't yet gotten to the point where I could justify buying the box AND paying a subsription.  Just not quite there.  But they seem to be making slow progress so I keep checking.  

HC, If this version becomes available for download for offline testing let me know.  I'll check it out.  That is if you promise it won't delete my root dir. :cool:

regards,
Wab
« Last Edit: October 19, 2002, 12:22:12 AM by AKWabbit »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2002, 01:47:34 AM »
Just remember to backup your hard disk first...

;)

Offline Hussein

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2002, 03:31:08 AM »
After all the bad things said about WW2OL and the truely it has been/is atm. I'd like to see it succeed so I could try it too.

Of course I would have already done that unless they weren't so greedy to force you to buy the pig-in-a-box packet just to try it out.

So, untill I read multiple reliable records (no that doesn't include you hardcase :) ) of the game being solid OR they offer a free no questions asked trial period, I'm not going to try the game online. Waste of money.

Edit: offline --> online. Shows what my subconcious thinks about this game.. WW2Offline. lol.