Author Topic: drex sux  (Read 2014 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
drex sux
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2002, 07:15:00 AM »
I remember –eman-. I got on his wrong side once when I was a newbie, for firing over his shoulder (we were both flying purple). I got the kill, but he kept banging on at me. In the end I said ”oh, well f*** you then”, and he didn’t like that, and accused me of being a 14 year old cyber punk – LOL! (I was 43 at the time) I was winding him up – giving him 12-calls, that sort of thing. So he invited me for a duel. We went to the duelling arena. I knew he’d get me, but I just wanted to find out more about the guy. After he’d killed me twice, I asked him if he felt better now. He didn’t say, but in the conversation that followed he explained why it was a bad thing to fire over someone’s shoulder. We got talking about other things, and it turned out that although –eman- lives in New Hampshire, he was born not far from where I was born in England. Eman is from Nottingham (Robin Hood’s home) and I was born in Leicester, 26 miles away. And we ended up becoming mates, sort of  ;) I once described eman as being to Warbirds what John Macenroe was to tennis – a great player, and a good guy really – but a bit temperamental sometimes –  so focussed on winning.

I got to know eman’s wingman very well, and that’s a guy from Colorado with the game ID –gigg- He became a brotherly figure! He’s a few years older than me, and I met him at the North Carolina WB Con2000. One time he shot my 190A8 out from under me at a time when I was typing to him. I was annoyed about that, and gigg felt bad, so later on when I had switched to an F6F (my favourite mount in WB at that time) and was about to land about 6 kills, gigg was vulching my field. When I explained that he owed me one from the earlier incident, he very politely let me land  :D

Oh what memories; the glory days of WB before the WW2 Arena which, incidentally, played no small part in my decision to leave.

But I digress, and must now return you to the reality of this thread –

drex sux

;)

Offline Vector

• Nickel Member
drex sux
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2002, 10:06:00 AM »
S!

Hehe scrmbl, sure you fit to the legends and baxl too!
 :)
Hmm, scop rings a bell, wasn't he a spit pilot or am I totally lost here? It's soo long time ago and I was on the darkside, as a luftwaffler..

There was one guy who killed me many times and I never knew what hit me, he was bellxl or something, some sneak attacker (no, my SA was excellent, umhh...)

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
drex sux
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2002, 10:31:00 AM »
Scop flew the f6f my old 2vs2 partner.  Bellxl is actually a Blue Knight and has flown AH a few times under a different ID.

Drex
Blue Knights -DVB

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
drex sux
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2002, 10:50:00 AM »
I knew bellx1 quite well. He changed his ID to --vamp.  Whenever I saw him, I'd say Hi Bellx1, and he would say Hi Tafkas! -tafkas was an experimental account I had in the dark days of WB 2.6. (The Airman Formerly Known As Scrmbl) And --vamp remembered my plight of those dark days (ie 266MHz processor - below the 300MHz line required under the new "realistic" gunnery.

Bellx1/--vamp now lives in Japan, but was here in Europe for a while. Hw would not say precisely where, so I assumed he had some sort of secret governmental posting...

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
drex sux
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2002, 11:46:00 AM »
Bellxl is actually Elvis and is not dead as rumored.  He may be hiding out in Japan, and then again he may not.

Hooligan

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
drex sux
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2002, 11:57:00 AM »
Anyone from WB's beta days remember a guys named "Turk"...? Whatever happened to him?  Damn good stick.

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
drex sux
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2002, 12:01:00 PM »
Turk was one of the founders of the Black Sheep he got ticked off and left. One of the few who said they quit and did.

Drex

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
drex sux
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2002, 12:52:00 PM »
Drex sux so bad that I feel sorry for him.  Therefore My wingmen and myself have let him and eagl win 1st place at both cons.  :D

Next year he's meat!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
drex sux
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2002, 01:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by Drex:
Turk was one of the founders of the Black Sheep he got ticked off and left. One of the few who said they quit and did.

Drex

ahh, rgr.  :)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
drex sux
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2002, 01:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hooligan:
Bellxl is actually Elvis and is not dead as rumored.  He may be hiding out in Japan, and then again he may not.

Hooligan

I heard they found him in a cave in Tora Bora..

Offline --sd--

• Zinc Member
drex sux
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2002, 01:41:00 PM »
he he figured I would stop by and see whats up here and I see there picking on ya Drex   :p "Uncle Scrmbl" LOL interesting id scrmbl  ;) sure do miss a lot of you gents looks like I may have to come over here and try this thing out sometime  :D ...to all wanting to be like Drex, just follow his immortal words he always says..."to be like me just drink and smoke a lot"  :D so good to see that all of you are doing well...( now I am going to run for cover )  :p

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
drex sux
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2002, 01:56:00 PM »
drex is a good kid..  I like him enough that I even got a girly handgun for him to shoot when he comes over.
lazs

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
drex sux
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2002, 05:10:00 PM »
Heya Sudave.  Why you dont have an account already is starting to upset me.  He need to be on there tonight.  Probably will be about 425+ people in the main arena.  The BKs have a spot for you too.  All you have to do is steal Lazs' kills.

Drex

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
drex sux
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2002, 05:11:00 PM »
I'm never coming over to your house after what you did to stiglr  :)

Drex

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
drex sux
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2002, 05:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by Drex:
Heya Sudave.  Why you dont have an account already is starting to upset me.  He need to be on there tonight.  Probably will be about 425+ people in the main arena.  The BKs have a spot for you too.  All you have to do is steal Lazs' kills.

Drex

I have asked him over and over and.....

Come one dave, times a wastin

ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011