Author Topic: Deleted/canceled account CANNOT be reactivated ?  (Read 957 times)

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
Deleted/canceled account CANNOT be reactivated ?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2000, 12:11:00 PM »
So I need to cancel my account and then create a new one if I just want to play H2H?

In order to keep my handle I'll need to pay $30/mo until you add the ability to clear handles from deleted accounts?

Any idea when this function will be added?

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2000, 12:26:00 PM »
For now deleting your account kills your handle, its the reason I'm not flyin under Dnil, thought I could reactivate it but cant.  I couldnt even use variations, hehe.  Oh well, no big deal.

------------------
Dnil
Maj. 900th Bloody Jaguars
Part time aircraft restorer. www.kingwoodcable.com/jheuer

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2000, 01:24:00 PM »
The delete account function is under the admin button of the main ah menu.

hiTEch

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2000, 01:57:00 PM »
 Exile. I dont belive it is possibile to get a name for H2H if you have had an account. When you try again to open an account. A pop up will tell you that your 2 weeks are up and you must signe up again.

If you dont, you cant have a handle. If you do, it will be deleted when you try to close account. Catch 22.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2000, 02:39:00 PM »
That is not true Easymo.  As long as you have not activated then cancelled the account, it should be able to be used.  The only exception would be if it has been so long that it fell under HTC's id clearing purge.  In that case, the ID would be available for anyone to use.

AKDejaVu

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2000, 03:01:00 PM »
 OK. Ill play.

Lets say you have had a pay account in the past. How do you get an ID without opening an account. Then when it says your 2 weeks are up and you must open a pay account. What do you do.

I have chased around this bush a couple of times.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2000, 03:43:00 PM »
 One last thing. I dont think this name thing should be fixed. The screen freeze thing should be fixed. Because its bad advertising. But, other than that, the offline game should not be taken any farther. Its reached the point where the H2H arena is a lot more fun then the MA, in a lot of ways. This is boarding on giving away the store.

lazs

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2000, 03:57:00 PM »
"The delete account function is under the admin button of the main ah menu.

hiTEch"

sorry ht i still can't find it.  seen something that said 'secure admin..' but no delete account anywhere.   is the "main ah menu"  the one with all the furriner planes?
lazs

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2000, 04:04:00 PM »
Lazs
Its in the game not on the web page.
There is no way to remove your credit card info that I could find, you just have to delete the account.

Offline Dusky

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2000, 05:38:00 PM »
How 'bout HTC put in an option that you dont get charged if you dont log in to the arena... That would save the trouble from cancelling the account.

Dusk

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2000, 06:32:00 PM »
OK.. this thread seems to be full of misconceptions.  So.. in an effort to clear things up:

1. Registering for a free-trial-period account does not require a credit card.  There is no risk of being charged "just for loggin in".

2. Your account is cancelled much in the same way you started it.  Fire up the game and go into account management.  Your account can instantly be deactivated from there.  Once this is done, your account will be credited for the remaining days of the month and you will not be able to re-use that id.

3. ID's are blocked by deactivating an account.  That is the only way. I suppose HTC can block one if they chose to... but that would be disciplinary and not an ordinary event.

4. If an ID is deleted due to lack of use (no set schedule for this), anyone can re-use the ID after it has been purged.

5. If an account is deactivated (implying you went pay-to-play with it), then it cannot be re-used ever (unless HTC does a purge.. which they do not promise/grant often).

For those that are complaining about these policies... I feel your pain.  However, please understand that most of these rules are in place because someone at some time abused the system.  Thank the idiots in the world for making life a little more uncomfortable.

AKDejaVu
(DejaVu in the arena... needless to say the rules have been thuroughly explained to me)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2000, 07:27:00 PM »
I think it is just an attempted disensentive to quiting for a month if you are not going to play. But the cost to play is to high to carry for a few months while you cant play(my current situation) so I will have to take my chances.

-Peter

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2000, 05:55:00 PM »
HELL guys.
you ever heard of RPG's ? and old example:
Ultima Online.
there it takes for month to build your Character. it would be a HORROR if you decide
to take a brake for few month (for what reason ever) and then want to play again and cant go on with oyur Charakter you worked hard on.

I made a squad in AH and liked the name.
Now I cant use it.  WHY WHY WHY WHY ???????

However to say it open : That policiy is
STUPID and a PAIN in the ASS
NO OFFENCE !!!!!!!!  sorry, chilled.
and what I would realy realy appreciate is
to hear ONE (just one) good reason why this
policy is like it is ?
ITs working in ALL (all) other games who are charging monthly, too. SO IT CANT BE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM. can it ?
And not to mention this is the most expencive
game so far I heard of. So I would say you guys making this policy could afford to explain this a lil better, eh ? Because the time will come I take a brake form AH again,
and then you really want me to make a
DAMN THIRD ID and Handle ?!?!?!?
ok bed time.
thank you for your attention.

ex-Peter aka Mojack aka ? aka ?? aka ??????

P.S.: I always hated ppl with multiple handles :)

-Peter

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2000, 05:58:00 PM »
sorry for those spelling.
always happens when I am angry.

good night