Author Topic: Interesting 'bug' in the Flakpansie  (Read 212 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Interesting 'bug' in the Flakpansie
« on: October 20, 2002, 02:55:22 PM »
Was in the DA today, showing some people that the La7 really is better than the Tempest, when a fellow said he wanted to try it out.  I told him the field, then upped an la7 to wait on the runway for the guy.  

He, being a fellow of some inconsiderable skill, decided it would be great fun to up a Flakpansie instead of a plane.  I'm not going to go into the chest-beating the young lad performed after hitting my La7 as it was rolling down the runway, since it has no bearing on his 'exploit' as he called it.  

The interesting part comes in when I decided to up a Panzer at the field where he was sitting in a Flakpansie.  

As soon as I spawned, he was shooting.  This may seem normal, except he couldn't see me.  His view of me would have been blocked by the hangar the vehicles spawn in in the DA.  He was literally firing through the hangar wall.  I thought that perhaps he could somehow see the front of my vehicle, but after a few deaths I got the engine started and rolling backwards (away from him, putting more hangar between us) and he could still evidentally see me and shoot me.  The rounds came in through the hangar.  

Not sure if he is cheating somehow to see through the hangar wall, but I can't see any possible 'hack' or whatever that would allow his rounds to come through the hangar wall but stop mine (because I tried shooting back through the wall where his rounds were coming through, and my rounds all got stopped).  

I've got a fairly large film of the whole incident, if anyone would like to see it.  I'll be mailing it to HTC, awaiting a response.  Anyone who wants to see it, fire me an email at urchin@3-jg2.com.

I've no way of posting it, and it is a pretty sizable film.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2002, 03:02:37 PM »
Actually, it isn't a very big film at all.  Just got done checking it out, only 222K.  If I can zip it and get it below 100K, I'll try to post it.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2002, 03:04:53 PM »
Here is the film.  Standard AHF format once you unzip it, just play it using the Film Editor.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2002, 03:22:54 PM »
Being able to fire through an a/c hangar has been a very old bug, but in the MA it will only work for the defending country.
NEXX

Offline Heinkel

• Silver Member
      • http://www.3-jg2.com
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2002, 03:46:58 PM »
LOL, anytime RTRider opens his mouth I always end up on the floor laughing.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2002, 04:03:49 PM »
Originally posted by Replicant
Being able to fire through an a/c hangar has been a very old bug, but in the MA it will only work for the defending country.

Often while vulching someone will up in the hangar, you don't need to get around the hangar, just shooting through it works.  From the angle he was at, it looks like he'd have seen your icon when you spawned, but not your tank.  

I don't think this is anything new, except perhaps a new meaning to the word "lamer".
« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 04:09:52 PM by Innominate »

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2002, 04:22:26 PM »
I cant tell you how many times I have parked behind a hanger and been killed by tanks firing throught the wall to hit me on the other side when i cant see them, realy pissed me off, but i figured out that if you dont park to close to the wall it minimises the chance they can see through it.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2002, 04:27:29 PM »
Urchin -
I'm not going to go into the chest-beating the young lad performed after hitting my La7 as it was rolling down the runway, since it has no bearing on his 'exploit' as he called it.
LOL!  I can almost feel your sense of indignation. :p And it feels good! :D An LA7 driver having the big toejamty grin wiped off his face. I'd love to see film of your LA7 being dismantled. The most satisfying moment in AH is to be manning the field gun or Ostwind 37mm and to see that SINGLE hit sprite that tells me your plane is about to disintegrate.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2002, 04:36:17 PM »
yeah, bullets don't always collide with the hangar.  This has been around as long as Ic an remember (at least as long as my lethality test 2.5 years ago).

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2002, 04:53:36 PM »
I'm always getting shot while spawning in the vehicle hangar... so frustrating not being able to shoot back!
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2002, 06:06:55 PM »
It could be a front endthing as well. He may have seen you and your view was blocked by the hanger......

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2002, 07:21:42 PM »
For some time I have heard people complain that vehicles have been able to 'protect' a vehicle hangar by sitting inside of it. Alledgedly, the damage is absorbed by the GV rather then the VH.

Personally, I'd prefer not to find out.

Next time just grab a field gun position and put him out of his misery.

Offline Mooja

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2002, 05:03:40 PM »
This might also be why when you drop one 500lb egg directly on the roof of a hangar you get a big crater in the hangar floor but not a scratch on the roof.