Author Topic: Icons  (Read 255 times)

Offline jmccaul

• Zinc Member
Icons
« on: June 05, 2000, 05:44:00 PM »
Many people disagree about how they should be implemented but would anybody object to just making them grey (enemy). Then at least they are a little less noticable.

How about it HTC?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Icons
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2000, 05:57:00 PM »
Someone suggested semi-transpearent and I thought that was a great idea. Another idea was to have transpearant icons get more opaque as they get closer. And I like your idea too... having enemy grey and perhaps friendly black instead of the neon red & green would be nice.

I'm trying to picture a bunch of red and green icons flying in those beautiful sunsets we're getting... and they don't seem to go together that well in my mind. Kinda hoses the immersion factor a bit.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Icons
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2000, 06:04:00 PM »
I would like to see icon colors be user adjustable -- in hue, brightness, and transparency.  Those who want "descrete" icons can have them, and those who like "neon" can have them.

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline MarkVZ

• Copper Member
Icons
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2000, 06:32:00 PM »
Popeye,
I think it's much more an issue of visibility and the fact that someone can spot your 30-foot icon long before they would have seen you then it is a personal preference.  I'm not sure why anyone would handicap themselves  when everyone else can still see your billboard.

------------------
Mark VanZwoll
33rd Strike Group