Author Topic: Large Maps  (Read 131 times)

Offline Zir0

• Zinc Member
Large Maps
« on: October 27, 2002, 01:20:35 PM »
Hello!
Just downloaded the game to try it out offline, and I'm begining to get the hang of the controls. This game looks good.

There's just one problem...

It takes FOREVER to get from point A to point B, even when I teleport to a place that closest to enemy territory!! :confused:  Is there a quicker way to get to some "action", or does it always take some +45 minutes to get somewhere?

Maybe there are some other terrains with the entities closer together?

So, I tried using the terrain editor, but it kept crashing on me, so maybe this wasn't such a good game after all... :(

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Large Maps
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2002, 01:33:25 PM »
If you are playing offline you won't have any opposition. There are just drones circling the field. If you are playing online look at the map for the red color bar in the sectors. The red bar indicates the presence of enemies there. You should find a fight easiliy there. If there are no sector bars check to see if the radar is down for your country. If it is you will just have to look around by checking various fields for enemy presence.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
Large Maps
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 07:19:48 PM »
Zir0,

The terrain editor works fine, as far as I know.  The hard part is figuring out how to use it.  Anyway, it has nothing to do with playing and enjoying AH.

The map that is being used right now is the SUPER JUMBO "Pizza Map".  Most people think it's too big.  The other maps are much smaller.

There are also more maps in the works, from what I hear.

MRPLUTO  VMF-323  ~Death Rattlers~  MAG-33

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Large Maps
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2002, 07:30:53 PM »
Imo I think the Piza map is the best map the other maps are way to small, to quakish, in fact I generaly dont even bother to play on them when they are up. All distances to fights are about the same no mater what map is being used.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Large Maps
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2002, 08:03:23 PM »
When have you ever played Quake Brady?   Which FPS games have you played and for how long?  

AH is nothing at all like a FPS game, even when there's 500+ online on Mindanao.

J_A_B

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Large Maps
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2002, 08:30:05 PM »
it is just a slang term to describe the furball fest thats all.

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
Large Maps
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2002, 08:43:37 PM »
Furball ????

WHERE ??

:D

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Re: Large Maps
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2002, 10:08:03 PM »
Originally posted by Zir0
blem...

It takes FOREVER to get from point A to point B, even when I teleport to a place that closest to enemy territory!! :confused:  Is there a quicker way to get to some "action", or does it always take some +45 minutes to get somewhere?

Most of the time, fields are some 20-30 miles apart.  Even if you are only going 200mph the whole way, thats a 10minute trip tops.  Also often fights are directly in between two fields, halving the flight time.

You can move the map around by clicking and dragging, and zoom in and out using insert/delete, that will help find a field close to the fighting.