Author Topic: <S> to Jam Master Jay  (Read 167 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
<S> to Jam Master Jay
« on: October 31, 2002, 04:37:12 PM »
I don't realy like rap too much.  Well I like some of it, just not the "kill whitey" stuff.

But Run DMC set the pace of music for the past 20 years like it or not.  They also helped bring back one of my favorite bands Aerosmith.

Don't know if anybody here cares, but Jam Master Jay was shot and killed last night.

Thanks for the music dude....

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
<S> to Jam Master Jay
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2002, 06:06:38 PM »
Absolutely Udie. I remember the press conference back in 1986 when they openly spoke out about the beginning of "gangsta rap".

He guy was part of a true group of pioneers in their business. He will be missed. Time to burn those Run DMC records onto a CD and play it loud in the car like the old days.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
<S> to Jam Master Jay
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2002, 06:07:32 PM »
:(    Jason Mizel... he and RUN D.M.C. changed my nerdy life to a breakdancer (that WAS cool back then :) )

even got kicked out of confirmation class 1 day for writing down the lyrics to "rasing hell"

The group will truly be missed.

they were class acts... never getting into the "fued" crap and not really cussing or putting women down in their music.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
<S> to Jam Master Jay
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2002, 12:15:50 AM »
RUNDMC was one of the first casette's I ever bought.

Jam Master Jay, was a pioneer and and is In my oppinion is one of many I consider the founding fathers of Hip Hop Music.

His name will live on to true Hip Hop Junkies and It will be gladly misused by money hungry record label CEO's :mad: ...

Its a Shame...
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
<S> to Jam Master Jay
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2002, 01:55:34 AM »
One of the groups that turned me into the music of hip - hop.

Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac