Author Topic: CT Regulars, Who Are You?  (Read 3756 times)

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
CT Regulars, Who Are You?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2002, 02:32:05 PM »
Your Aces High call sign? It's significance?
ergRTC

erg from frustration of trying fly.

rtc a tattoo from my old airwarrior squad and initial ah squad Rosarius Flying Circus.

Your Aces High squad?
Vf-27 helcats

Your name?
Dan Kjar

Your age?

Your Email?

kjard@toad.net

Where do you live?

Washington, DC
Where else have you lived?

Northfield, MN for 21 years
Aberdeen, SD for 4 years
Washington and Arlington for 3 years
What do you do for a living?
Graduate student

What is your marital/family status?
Soon to be married

What schools have you attended?
Northern State University
Georgetown University  

What degrees do you have?
Masters of Science in Biology
Bachelors of Science in Biology
3rd year working on my Doctorate of biology.

What are your hobbies?
Your looking at it.  Old cars (had a 72 opel gt for 12 years), and model planes.
What other flight sims have you been involved in? Your call sign and squad in that sim?
erg back in aw since 1996
multiple squads.

Do you have any other connection to aviation or WWII?

Grandfather 'buck' kjar taught pilots during ww2 since he was one of the few guys that could fly before the war started.

Other interesting things about yourself.

nada

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2002, 07:02:49 PM »
eskimo
I have just started building mine. I started building the lower wings a few weeks ago. The wing ribs are laser cut with capstrips glued on top. I hope to have them in a progresive looking state for pics in a week or so. I have the tubing now for the fuselage and hope to start on it in a month. A friend of mine is ready to cover his "Baby Ace" actuall I think his is the "Pober" but anyway, I am gonna get his table for welding up my fuselage.

The thing I love about the project is that all I have to do to install a radial engine is extend the landing gear seven inches and build up a new motor mount!!

Here is a pic of me at "my office" :D Been trying to figuer out how to mount six .50 cal guns on it!!!!

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2002, 08:30:25 PM »
Callsign is Splash1.  Heard it in a movie or two ... fighter pilot said it when he downed the first bandit in a dogfight over water.  Since I'm rarely able to down more than one target per sortie, it seems to fit.

I'm not in a squad.
My name in the real world is Dennis Faught.  I'm 44. I live in Columbia, Missouri. I lived down the road in Jefferson City for about 20 years, until recently. Macon, Kirksville, Mexico (Mo.) before that.  Lifelong Missouri resident.

My j.o.b. is copy/wire editor at a daily newspaper. I'm divorced; no kids. I attended Northeast Missouri State University (now Truman State). Was a mass-com major, but dropped out to go to work full-time in radio.  So, I was a kid and I was dumb.

My primary hobby for the past 11 years or so has been Civil War re-enacting. (hey, Jester :D  ) Confederate infantry, Federal infantry, Missouri State Guard.  But I'm getting too old to do it "right," so I've been turning to flight sims for about the past 1 1/2 years.
AH is my first online flight sim ... I started playing about 11 months ago. Before that I played EAW for a couple of months.  I've also started playing IL-2 offline a bit; but only rarely go online -- usually on ubi's dedicated full-real server.  Callsign there is TracerMagnet.  It's self-explanatory.

My history era of choice is the American Civil War. Specifically the Western and Trans-Mississippi departments and Cockrell's Missouri Brigade. My only direct connection to WWII was a step-grandfather who was a groundpounder in Italy. Oh yeah, and I've visited the D-Day Museum in New Orleans.

Splash1

Offline Durr

• Copper Member
      • http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2002, 11:49:34 PM »
Callsign: Durr (my last name)

Squad: Vf-27 in CT, 1st Air Commando Group in MA

e-mail: ded002@hotmail.com

Live in: Keesler AFB, Biloxi, Mississippi

Where else lived:  Nurnberg, Germany; Ft Sill, Oklahoma; Ft Polk, LA; Ajax, Louisiana; Colorado Springs, Colorado; Rock Island, Illinois; Ruston, Louisiana; Pensacola, Florida

Job: USAF officer (2LT)

Single

Schools: Louisiana Tech University

Degrees: BS in Computer Information Systems with minor in Aerospace Studies (political science option)

Hobbies:  Reading, Flight Sims, Chess,   Hunting/Fishing/Hiking/Camping, Sailing, Offroading

Other flight sims:  no other online sims, (flew AW and WB a few times each but never really got involved in them), however I own almost every offline boxed sim ever made I think!

Connections to aviation/WW2:  Grandfather a WW2 veteran, a POW on Corregidor.

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2002, 12:17:45 AM »
Handle: Concho, after a large river and a fort North of here.

Squad: VF-27, The Horse Soldiers, Nightmares VMF-101

Live in: Sonora, By God, Texas (150 miles West of San Antonio on I-10)

Job: Texas State Trooper

School: School of Hard Knocks (USMC Infantry '93-'97 2nd Batt 7th Marines)

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2002, 12:10:02 PM »
Your Aces High call sign?  ODEE

It's significance?  Dagger was taken and O.D.'s my initials.

Your Aces High squad?  27th Sentai member

Your name?  Oz "Odee" Dillon

Your age?  born in 1953  you do the math

Your Email?  It's listed elswhere here

Where do you live?  Northern Virginia (historical area)

Where else have you lived? Klamath Falls Oregon... San Angelo TX... Biloxi Miss...  Bozeman MT

What do you do for a living? Work for the feds (need a badge#?)

What is your marital/family status? YES/Almost empty nester

What schools have you attended? Public/Military/Community--Trade--Graduate Colleges

What degrees do you have? (BA/MBA-English)  Also MBS-DD-CS...

What are your hobbies?  Writing Ficition... Western Action Shooter... IDPA (practical competition shooting)... Western Pleasure and Trail rider (former JRA member)... Writing, hiking, hunting, Light Aircraft flying *Beech T-34A and B Mentor... Cessna 172... OV-10A Bronco...*
and of course combat sims set in the WW2 era.

What other flight sims have you been involved in? Since 1982??? Air Warrior, War Birds, Aces High, TAS (man what a con that was) and a couple space sims in Alpha and Beta modes)

Your call sign and squad in that sim? AW = Dagger and Silverwolf

WB=Tern (with Pale Horses), Dagger (with VF-17), Spotter, Odee, Mistake and a couple others.  
Banock in (418 City of Edmonton)

AH= Mistake, Spotter (Started 418 City of Edmonton but dropped it when squad disbanded), Odee (332nd Flying Mongrels and 27th Sentai)

Do you have any other connection to aviation or WWII? Yes and Yes... Relatives fought on both sides in ETO, North Africa, and Russia.  (none of your business so don't ask details) :p

Other interesting things about yourself.  Started a successful writers critique group, which is now sponsored by Borders Books.  This group has seen several of its members become published authors, and in a few cases, highly successful authors have used the group as a sounding board for new works they were doing.
:cool:

Anything else is subject to change, and/or CLASSIFIED[/b]
« Last Edit: November 04, 2002, 07:22:15 PM by Odee »
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline ChuBBs

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.81x.com/Chubbs/AcesHigh
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2002, 06:37:22 PM »
Your Aces High call sign? It's significance?
ChuBBs
nickname i got in 2nd grade

Your Aces High squad?
Vf-27 helcats

Your name?
Dan Ault

Your age?

Your Email?
chubbs@aemail4u.com

Where do you live?
Hanover,PA

Where else have you lived?
no where else

What do you do for a living?
go to stupid school and piss teachers off

What is your marital/family status?
single

What schools have you attended?
South Western school district  been in it whole life so each school
What degrees do you have?
none yet

What are your hobbies?
Playing computer games  mostly Aces High and Dirt track racing 2
racing RC cars   Flew planes but crashes cost too much

What other flight sims have you been involved in? Your call sign and squad in that sim?
combat flight sim2, light sim 2000, team apache,and down of aces

Do you have any other connection to aviation or WWII?
no

Other interesting things about yourself?
Play guitar only metal no country or popsicle crap
paintballer
drug user
beer drinker (weekends at friends)
thats bout it

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2002, 09:32:15 PM »
Call sign HiJacker, used to be Zipcode but lost it in a PC accident with my sister in law. Picked HiJacker before 9-11, name kind of reminds me of the pirate type of guy, dont know why.

CO of VF27 Hellcats,  belonged to the 49th Fighter Group in MA before it disbanded.

William (Bill) Jackson my name, 52 yrs old

I live in SE Illinois Between Mattoon and Charleston just a few miles from where Abe Lincolns stepmother and father are buried and where the Lincoln family farm is. Only place Ive lived except for military time.

I work for the US Postal Service as a Bldg Maint Tech, before that I was a letter carrier for 13 yrs.  Had my own const buss for about 10yrs before that.

Have been Married for 22yrs, one daughter and 2 grand children

Assoc degree from LakeLand college and attended Eastern ILL Univ for 1 yr before dropping out.

Hobbies now are my grandkids (take up most of my free time)

Never played any other sims, my younger brother (TERROR) turned me on to AH have been hooked ever since, bout 2yrs now.

Family has had at least one member in every war or conflict America has been in since before the revolutionary war, had an Uncle killed in WWII  I served in Viet Nam with the 101st ABN DIV as an Infantryman with the 3rd 187th Inf, 2nd 502nd Inf and 2nd 501st Inf. Area of Operations was in I CORPS north of Hue and west of Hue in the Ashau Valley.

Really enjoy flying in the CT much more that any other arena, guys are much more civil and enjoy the maps and scenarios, good job by all the guys who contribute

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2002, 11:38:11 PM »
That's his mouse pointer I'd guess.

When did you fly in AW Hang/what arenas?

J_A_B

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2002, 12:01:16 AM »
"When I first came into AH I was hang82"

Sounds like you're the same Hangman who flew with a squad called the "82nd Intruders" for awhile in one of the Pacific arenas on GS AW.   If you are the same guy, great to see you again here in AH!

J_A_B

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2002, 12:09:10 AM »
call sign- Slash27.  I took Slash for my favorite band Guns n Roses. The 27 is just my number from my hockey team because Slash was taken.

Squad- VF-27 Hellcats. I really enjoy flying with these guys. Joining them and flying in the CT has helped me get the most out of AH.

Name: Chad Johnston   Age 29  Fireslash27@aol.com

Live-  I reside in Tioga,Texas.  pop:700. The birth place of Gene Autry i might add:D

Have lived in Pilot Point,TX. (a whole 5 miles away)

Occupation: I am a firefighter/paramedic for the City of North Richland Hills,Tx. (about 15 minutes from HTC) Ive been with them for 3 years now and a firefighter for 11 years now. Some part time paid and volunteer depts.

Schools: took some Fire Science classes at Collin County Community College in McKinney,TX and police academy at the University of North Texas in Denton.TX . After that I put myself through the Fire Academy and then paramedic school.

Hobbies: Painball,Hockey off and on(more off then on:D ) hunt and fish a little, collect fire arms. Made the the mistake of stopping at the hobby store with Brian "Dink72"Ingram last week just to check out RC planes. Saw a badass P-47 and P-51 hanging from the ceiling, so i see my wallet getting thinner in the near future:D . Mostly just fly AH.

Flight sims: Janes WWII fighters and MS CFS2

Connection to WW2: grandfather was wounded pretty bad at the Phillipines. He ended up losing a lung. Never got to talk to him about it before he died. My dad served in the U.S.M.C. in Vietnam during '67. 1st Marines i believe. He has some good stories.:)   dad

other intresting things: Alyssa Milano has been stalking me, other than that,  not much to tell.

Jester, P6EHawk, and eskimo.  You too Concho. (even though your a cop:D  )

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2002, 12:12:04 AM »
HiJacker,  I didnt know you were in 'Nam.  Maybe I can drag dad to the con and you guys can swap stories:)

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2002, 03:18:27 AM »
Damn Lowe, take a look at that. Don't it make you all warm and fuzzy all over seeing all the VF-27 & 27th Sentai guys we lured into the CT. LOL!

And to think the squad we thought would never go anywhere has boomed into what it is now.

Now we got the 325th FG CHECKERTAILS going. We have certainly come along way. Can't wait to see what the future holds. (Though I will admitt to missing flying the Hellcat. ;) )

FELLOW CT SQUADIES! HOORAH!

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING! !
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2002, 05:37:41 AM »
You and Lowe kinda like a virus huh Andi, to some wives and girlfriends a bad one, makes it hard for the honeydoo list to get goin! Salute to you 2, HT should give you both a big hug and kiss!

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2002, 08:49:28 AM »

Have lived in Pilot Point,TX. (a whole 5 miles away)

[/QUOTE]

Didn't we whoop their arse in high school football a couple of years back  :D

>

Edited: What happens when I type without my glasses