Author Topic: CT Regulars, Who Are You?  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
CT Regulars, Who Are You?
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2002, 02:01:27 PM »
Originally posted by gofastrlt
Hi CTers, I'm not a regular in CT, but have enjoyed the few times I've been in. I think it will suit me more than the MA, just would like to see more people in CT.

My AH call sign is Dadman, my son branded me with the nickname years ago.

Was it painful?  Can we see it?

Nice to meet you.

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2002, 05:31:24 PM »
Hey, gofastrlt!

441 wing change?  cool.

I am currently doing a king air 200.  We have it tore down almost completely, wing center section down to belly skin, support frames and Fwd lower sparcap.  Kind of an interesting project.

got new sparcaps located and shot, inbd lower wing skins partially shot, spar webs shot in, and inbd leading edges located (piece by piece).  

The fuselage is still on the trailer, and outbd wings in work too.  It's coming along nicely, but I dont think we will get it done by christmas :D

I have worked on, king air, 1900's (A, B, C & D models) Saab 340's, EMB 120's, Fokker F27 & F28's, DASH 7 & 8's, DC 9's, 747's etc. etc.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2002, 05:37:21 PM by BlkKnit »

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline gofastrlt

• Zinc Member
Hi BlkKnt
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2002, 06:21:36 PM »
Yeah that was pretty cool. Bad case of hangar rash, got away from the mechanic while run-up and whacked the hangar. Myself and another mech trucked the salvaged LH wing panel from CAE to Knoxville and did it in the customer's hangar. If any one ever tells you that all all the holes are the same on all the planes, don't believe it! Three and a half weeks later we flew  it to CAE.

That 200 sounds like quite an undertaking. Yeah, it does'nt sound like you'll be done by Christmas. I don't see too many KAs any more. When I worked for the Cessna Dealer in Columbia I ran the pt-6 crew, we had a couple regular B200s and C90s. Most all the planes I see now are 731 powered(Garrett AGS). Are you close to Little Rock? I went to Hawker 1000 school with some guys from Ratheon back in 2000. They were a wild bunch!

See Ya'll on my six.

"Just get in, strap down tight, go fast and turn left. Keep doin that until the guy in that little tower waves the flag with black and white checkers."

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2002, 08:43:45 PM »
I'm actually about 2 1/2 - 3 hours from Little rock, but I did work at Raytheon there, this past summer, until layoff hit.   Was a very good place, except for the commute.  Hawker is kinda an odd plane though, but very well built.

I work at a very small fairly new little company out of Mena, kind of an offshoot from Reebaire which moved to Hot Springs.  I was Structures lead for them, but they decided since I didn't want to move, they didn't want to employ me anymore.  I dont miss them a bit.

Our KA 200 here, had a bit of a hard landing :eek:

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2002, 10:37:45 AM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
Akkarma That airplane cannot be posatively IDed but is not the Hawk, nor the Navy GosHawk. The best I can do is that the Navy ordered two WACO UBF-2s which one was aboard the USS Macon. .

or

The WACO WHD that was ordered as a fighter for the Cuban Airforce.

Based on the painters other paintings, he seemed to have a bit of an imagination. Very nice paintings indeed!!!!!

If I run across something better I will post it

Could be a WACO, or maybe one of the Brit trainers we sent from Fairchild???  

The others look like 'concept' drawings for some of the early era pulp magazines. :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2002, 08:26:38 PM by Odee »
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Dukebro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2002, 12:14:04 AM »
Figured might as well....

AH callsign-- 1Duke1, XO of Vf-27 Hellcats

Signifigance-- grandfather's nickname was "Duke" in WWII, been called Duke since I joined the Navy in 1990

Name/Age-- David Snider, 30

Email: dblems@cox.net

Currently living-- Virginia Beach, VA

Have lived-- born in Cincinnati, OH-- Annapolis, MD--Norfolk, VA--Pensacola, FL--Meridian, MS

What I do for a living-- Currently a Naval Aviator-- in training, flew T-34C's, T-2C's, T-45C's, and currently an F-14B Tomcat pilot.....also currently trying to transition to the P-3C Orion  (almost 400 hours combined flight time)

Marital/family status-- married 8 years, coming up on 9-- 2 daughters, ages 3 years, and 3 months

Schools-- US Naval Academy, Class of 1994

Degrees-- BS with a major in History

Hobbies--  reading, golf, ice hockey, baseball, beer :D, playing the guitar, own a 1929 Ford Model A roadster street rod, my children, and of course, flight sims:)

Other flight sims and callsigns-- flew AW from when it was on Genie-original callsign was "DBLEMS", then "Duke:"--member of the 247th Wildcats

Other connection to Aviation or WWII-- both mentioned above-- currently Naval Aviator-- grandfather was an ordie in WWII-- father was a Corpsman attached to First Recon in Vietnam, retired as a Master Chief with 29.5 years of service.

Not much else to tell....enjoy flying the CT more than any other arena.  

note: also post in here as 1Duke1--Dukebro was original BB handle when I joined, but can't get into squad BB with 1Duke1

to the CTer's

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2002, 01:21:09 PM »
Duke, do you know Lt. Duncan "Duke" Ingraham? He was with you at Annapolis, class of.....92 or 93?
His father was a RADM, I competed against him in HS.

We need to lose some balls on the links sometime, BTW!

Your former CO, and current subordinate!
Gainsie

And, just who's keeping track of all this?

Offline Dukebro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2002, 01:44:56 PM »
LOL...yeah I know Duke....he was in my Company!!!

He was a 93'er who was rolled back into my class. Good football player.  Havne't seen or heard anything from him in about 5 years though.  I know he was a Surface Warfare Officer same time I was, and we were both stationed on LPD's out of Norfolk, he was on LPD-4 Austin, me, on LPD-15 Ponce.  Funny thing too, we were both Main Propulsion Assistants..lol  small world huh??:)

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2002, 06:36:29 PM »
Yeah I heard all about the rollback...sometimes, life sucks. glad to see he got out though. I hear for the most part he was a good kid.

I think his sister went there as well.

We werent friends, and we only talked once, at most, we were there for business.

My team won two State A-1 superbowls, and his won the next three or 4 when they moved up in class to ours (Once I graduated our team went tits-up, of course!) His team fed on all the table scraps after we tore -ass through the division.

In track we ran different events (hurdles / 100) so we never really faced up. I ran leadoff  and he was anchor on our relay teams. He was a fast...but not faster than me on his best day! LOL

Wow, interesting!

Gainsie

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2002, 08:23:17 PM »
Hello bros from CT! I read those interesting careers and stories of yours, and I noticed very soon: This is Crew what I like! I decided that after that great FinRus week (with You all!) I fly mostly in CT arenas. MA is catching fire in me no more. This is my story:

Your Aces High call sign? It's significance?
Kanttori. It's Finnish and means precentor. My bands vocalist Pete called me with that name years ago in one big festival kick. Now all my friends use that nickname.  

Your Aces High squad?
Leijonat Squad, but we Finns Squads (Lentolaivue 34 and Vaasan Waakalentajat) fly almost together in the AH arenas. This is my squads sites: http://www.savanne.org/ah/ There you can find FinRus map information, too (updating after one week).

Your name?
Ismo Homanen

Your age?
In next January 45... huh...:rolleyes:

Your Email?
ismo@kesalesket.net

Where do you live?
Joensuu, Finland. It is A65 in FinRus map, my home is there near field. The other house is Bizman's, he's my neighbour, squad mate and good friend!:D

Where else have you lived?
Lappeenranta (A72), Helsinki (A70) and Adolzfurt, Germany (not visible in FinRus map, ;) ). My grand father and grand mother are from Karelia, east of Joensuu. Most of Karelia's area is nowadays owned by Russians, because we lost it after Continuation War. Now I can take it back and move to Repola village near A54!:D

What do you do for a living?
My education is teacher, but actually I have been songwriter, musician and free lance music teacher (keyboards, electric bass, guitar and drums) many years. I also educate sometimes music teachers and music amateurs with music softwares and school/home studio's setups. But most preferably I play keyboards in my rock/show band "Kesalesket": http://www.kesalesket.net . We are just releasing a new CD, it's great! Find my photo from there: The ugliest man!

I have worked earlier in my own little music studio and band school in Helsinki. I was teacher 10 years in basic school (Helsinki), but then i noticed that music is my life career! Career...?

What is your marital/family status?
I am not married, but I live together with my "wife" Mare. I have 18 year old son Joonatan, who is "Lukkar" in AH. I think he's better than me with 109 G2... And I don't like it!:D

What schools have you attended?
Joensuu University

What degrees do you have?
I am Master of Education and Music. But I still play rock and roots music...

What are your hobbies?
Music is my work and hobby (I'm lucky man...), but my real hobby is nowadays mostly Aces High, AH terrain building with TE and reading history books: facts or fiction. After finding AH I have read and studied mostly all from WWII airplanes, flying schools, Finnish and Russian fighter pilots and bomber crews, airbases, maps, etc. Mare don't always understand this and she looks sometimes like :mad:

What other flight sims have you been involved in? Your call sign and squad in that sim?
I have flown B.O.B and S.W.O.T.L. (they were great games over ten years ago!) and  after long pause I find one year ago Aces High. That's all, I'm very rookie online player! But wait a couple of years...

Do you have any other connection to aviation or WWII?
Plane modelling and reading all WWII aerial war books when I was younger.

Other interesting things about yourself.
I have composed with my good friend Samu (Kesalesket guitar player) a BIG rock musical "Kolme avainta" (Three Keys"). It was performed 30 times in Helsinki area in 1999. I was writing in team the whole "New Kalevala" story and wrote all texts to songs and designed the stage, too. There is link to our musical sites: http://www.kesalesket.net/kolmeavainta/

It was big job but it was the most blasting project in my whole life. Before and After!:D
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2002, 10:03:30 AM »
Originally posted by kanttori
Find my photo from there: The ugliest man!

Just making sure everyone knows which one is Kanttori! :D
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2002, 10:30:19 AM »
Haist... WMaker...:D

Yes, that's really me, but sometimes the one photo don't tell whole story. And sometimes it tells too much!;)

As I said "Kesalesket" is a Finnish show band as you can see. This is Kanttori's lookout when he's on stage. My hairstyle is at home and normal life little bit different! :D
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2002, 11:10:23 AM »
Originally posted by kanttori
As I said "Kesalesket" is a Finnish show band as you can see. This is Kanttori's lookout when he's on stage. My hairstyle is at home and normal life little bit different! :D

Kanttori is lying! :D I've visited him and he looked exactly like that at home!! ;) :D
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2002, 01:56:24 PM »
Kantori you did a wonderful map and glad to have you in the CT.  I fly against you quite a lot since i am the CO of VF27 Hellcats, just wanted to say that you guys play the game with class, we need more like you in the game. Really dont know much about Finland, it sounds interesting, being from central Illinois, just a few miles from Abe Lincolns family farm, Im sure it is quite different, anyway just wanted to know we enjoyed the map and flying against you in the CT

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2002, 08:57:57 PM »
Yeah,  cool map Kanttori. Best thing to come out of Finland since Jere Lehtinen:D