Author Topic: La7 / N1K2J bug?  (Read 216 times)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
La7 / N1K2J bug?
« on: October 01, 2001, 04:34:00 AM »
As far as I know, engine damage problems will be fixed in next release. Some weight will be added to the F4U, even heard some rumors about D9 guns. But, what EXACTLY is going to be fixed in the La7 and N1K2J?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
La7 / N1K2J bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2001, 04:49:00 AM »
As far as I know they will not retain energy as well as they do now.  The N1K2 will feel this more than the La-7.  HiTech said there were other aircraft that were having the same problem fixed, but he didn't name them.

What's wrong with the Fw190D-9's guns?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
La7 / N1K2J bug?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2001, 05:08:00 AM »
I dont know whether this is a bug or not, but D9 guns feels different than A8/F8/A5 inboard guns. Perhaps this is due head possition, enlarged nose, who knows. I simply heard rumors of that being revised but I have no confirmation.
Personally, having a lot of flight time in A8/F8/A5 and D9, can confirm that hitting with D9 is definitively harder than with any other 190 model. In fact I only use guns when flying 190A/F, but with D9 I need to fire all weapons to have some chances to hit.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
La7 / N1K2J bug?
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2001, 05:15:00 AM »
Personalyy can't hit squat with the D9, well... I usualy can't hit anything at all, but it's even worse with the D9 guns  :)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Apar1

• Copper Member
      • http://gruenherz.carnimaniac.pronym.org/
La7 / N1K2J bug?
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2001, 06:06:00 AM »
I had a 3 kill sortie yesterday in D9, that was the first time ever in the D9. My feeling is that the bullet drop is larger with the D9 compared to the other 190's. I think that HT's Gunsight Test Tool (1.08) will give more detailed info on that and the gun dispersion, if HT hasn't fixed the D9 gun problem by then already.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
La7 / N1K2J bug?
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2001, 06:26:00 AM »
Ah.

I've never really noticed a problem with them, but I haven't flown other 190s much. I do fly the Fw190D-9 quite a bit though.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline AN

• Copper Member
La7 / N1K2J bug?
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2001, 09:05:00 AM »
I thought the D9 had great guns.

The other night I saw a friendly chasing a p38 on the deck, being followed by a spit and a N1k.

I dropped down on thier six in my d9, thinking, 'which one, spit or n1k?'  I kept lining up on the spit, but he was slipping under my nose, making for a blind shot.  I figured 'screw it, I'll get the n1k', let loose a very very short burst at the spit, and kicked right rudder to line up on the closer n1k.  As I was hitting the rudder, I saw hit sprites through my cockpit where the spit would be, then I let loose another short burst on the n1k.

As I was zooming back up to the heavens, bam, bam, kills 11 and 12 that sortie.

anRky

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
La7 / N1K2J bug?
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
Originally posted by Apar1:
I think that HT's Gunsight Test Tool (1.08) will give more detailed info on that and the gun dispersion, if HT hasn't fixed the D9 gun problem by then already.

That's rediculous. You have no proof or other data, but are simply assuming something is wrong and therefore there is either a) a problem you will find or b) HT already fixed the problem.

You don't even know IF there is a problem other than what you imagined.

Oh, and if it's your first time in the D9- that explains it.
-SW