Author Topic: To SaburoS  (Read 145 times)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
To SaburoS
« on: November 05, 2002, 06:23:51 AM »
"They" and "them" are perfectly acceptable pronouns used to describe a specific group to which I do not belong. I am not wholey white, I am male, and I am a US citizen. I will never be female, liberal, a child molestor, or a drug addict, so I will use "them" and "they" occasionally when I refer to "them".

Mebbe you can get one of those hypersensitive AGW guys to take a long walk down a beach with you, hold you through the night to assauge your tears, or haul me out into the hallway to rough me up a bit for traumitizing you with those words.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2002, 06:27:43 AM by Kieran »

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Re: To SaburoS
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2002, 06:38:36 AM »
Originally posted by Kieran
"They" and "them" are perfectly acceptable pronouns used to describe a specific group to which I do not belong. I am not wholey white, I am male, and I am a US citizen. I will never be female, liberal, a child molestor, or a drug addict, so I will use "them" and "they" occasionally when I refer to "them".

Fair enough if kept in that context. ;)
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Re: To SaburoS
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 06:44:19 AM »
Originally posted by Kieran
Mebbe you can get one of those hypersensitive AGW guys to take a long walk down a beach with you, hold you through the night to assauge your tears, or haul me out into the hallway to rough me up a bit for traumitizing you with those words.

LOL now that is funny :)
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
To SaburoS
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2002, 08:53:11 AM »
Heck.. he called me a racist for this post...

"saburo.. it may be easier to "blend in" as a white person. So What? Your apearance has a lot to do with things. I tend to make snap judgements and threat assesments on people I see on the street... If you look like a banger or a biker or criminal... people will treat you as such. Sorry... no time to bother with you.. If you jive talk your way through a job interview with me with your pants around your knees... I will smile and scratch you off the list. In a crowd...I will talk to a clean black person with a smile before I will talk to the greasy white guy with the scowl.

No mystery. I still am resentful of affirmative action and tend to place less importance (respect less) a black orr woman in a position of power because of the very real chance that it was undeserved. These days, I will ask for the white guy cause if he survived he had to be good... The black or the woman? who knows? Don't care either way but don't have time to sort it all out.

reparations would be another program that hurts race relations for me personally... and after all.... that is the only person I can speak for.
lazs"

guy has racist on the brain...  Those who fail to heed stereotypes are doomed..
lazs