Author Topic: Reparations....  (Read 526 times)

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Reparations....
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2002, 01:35:39 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Yep that guy is a racist...

I do find it very funny how some lefties like this idiot go on a  white devil racism rant and then say something blantaly racist in support of their argument.  

:rolleyes:

Why do you assume ethernaut's a guy?
How does your personal attack against her validate your arguement?
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Reparations....
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2002, 01:37:33 AM »
On the reparations thing.  We might want to turn an eye to England.  Here is a tidbit that I ran across, while looking for something else.

Some of your immigrants did not come by choice. English prisons were cleared and convicts shipped to the American colonies. Women and children were kidnapped from the countryside and off of the streets of cities such as London and Edinburgh to provide needed colonial laborers. When they arrived, your ancestors did not find the American streets to be paved with gold. But whether they came to the wilderness or came to a large city already settled with people they knew from their homeland, your immigrants were pioneers.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Reparations....
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2002, 01:45:51 AM »
Saburo

This guys statement is stupid enough and racist enough on its own - anything else I said is just icing on the cake....

And yes its so obvious this guy is a guy, just as its obvious she is a woman. I actually have no idea why you even bring that up, I suppose your next topic de jour will be sexism... :rolleyes:

And if this ethernut person is a woman it just means she is a racist woman with racist opinions...

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Reparations....
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2002, 02:17:12 AM »
Originally posted by SaburoS

Maybe by saying this "not articulated but implied by tone", she could possibly be including you.

Yeah I think so, because it posted that right after my post, and I assumed it was a reply to my post.  I could be wrong of course.

And including me would be ridiculous if you actually read what I posted in the other thread.  I made statements which weren't based on generalizations or stereotypes but on verifiable facts.  And invited you and anyone else to refute those facts.  But instead of doing so you switched to personal attack mode.

Why do you appear to be defensive?

For the reason you just stated.  Why do you ask questions when you have already made statements which contain the answer?  Also I don't like the fact that ethernaut has never posted here before but suddenly shows up and appoints itself to the role of PC arbiter.  So I'm confronting it as much as possible, as long as it continues to spew on this topic.

Could it be then that maybe you feel she does have a point?

No.  I feel that it doesn't have a valid point.  If it is trying to make an accusation, I want it to come right out and slander me like you did, so I can refute its claims like I did yours.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2002, 02:52:11 AM by funkedup »

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
Reparations....
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2002, 03:02:21 AM »
PS  I don't agree with Miko's statements about the capabilities of blacks.  A lot of his logic is compelling but I am prejudiced in favor of blacks based on personal experience.  I've known blacks who were a hell of a lot smarter and capable than I am.  So I doubt they are at any kind of significant genetic disadvantage.  And even if they are, individuals are always going to vary, so applying a generalization to an individual is going to be wrong most of the time.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Reparations....
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2002, 03:07:08 AM »
Here we go again.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Reparations....
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2002, 08:22:40 AM »
so if you say that black people are better athletes or have bigger schlongs or do worse on the bell curve you are being racist?   We used to say that they had thicker bones when I boxed and then years later I was told that was racist... years after that NASA said they were studying blacks for outer space because space caused bone loss and blacks had thicker bones.  

Not sure if racism even means anything anymore.  Just gibberish.
lazs

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Reparations....
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2002, 08:47:57 AM »
Was it really necessary to start this thread again, or were you just wanting to get banned?
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Reparations....
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2002, 10:08:09 AM »
ethernaut, It's good to see ya posting over here- it's been awhile. I hope all is going good for your new venture- I know you're busy as heck, and I appreciate you taking the time to toss a bit of gas on the fire. <> and I'll see you on your next trip to the West Coast.

-Mike

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Reparations....
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2002, 11:01:41 AM »
funkedup: The only person who said anything like that was Miko.  Take it up with him.  I'm sure he'll be glad to talk your ear off on the subject.  :)

Just let them read the damn book - "The Bell Curve" and then the massive literature supporting or arguing it's content.

PS I don't agree with Miko's statements about the capabilities of blacks. A lot of his logic is compelling but I am prejudiced in favor of blacks based on personal experience. I've known blacks who were a hell of a lot smarter and capable than I am.

Same here.
 And I was always carefull to note that statistics can never be applied to an individual case. Statistics not only supports the statement that many blacks should be very smart - it can pretty accurately predict how many of them should be at any intelligence level.

Whatever my faults, "applying a generalization to an individual" is not one of them. I gladly hired black programmers and quantitative analysts after an interview which allowed me to get an idea of their abilities.

Of course I have no way to judge someone's abilities as a doctor or a lawyer and forced to rely on credentials or the school name. So I would never select a black doctor or a lawyer (unless personally recommended by a knowlegeable person) since I have no way to know if he/she is a real deal or have been given preferential treatment despite low abilities. I guess it is not fair to really capable blacks but how can I tell which is which?

miko

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Reparations....
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2002, 01:49:58 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup

Now THAT is a racist statement.

How is it?
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Reparations....
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2002, 02:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Saburo

This guys statement is stupid enough and racist enough on its own - anything else I said is just icing on the cake....

And yes its so obvious this guy is a guy, just as its obvious she is a woman. I actually have no idea why you even bring that up, I suppose your next topic de jour will be sexism... :rolleyes:

And if this ethernut person is a woman it just means she is a racist woman with racist opinions...

How is her statement both stupid and racist?
Just because you say so doesn't necessarily make it so.
Perhaps you can type something more intelligent than hers to prove your points.
BTW you might have missed her post in the other thread as to why one could conclude her sex.
Funked quoted "Originally posted by Guy Hiding Behind a Psuedonym" (first one presuming her to be a man)
Her response was to close her answer to Funked with "love,e"

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Reparations....
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2002, 04:44:21 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
Just because you say so doesn't necessarily make it so.

You seem to have no problem with deciding what's racist and what's not. Did you take a special course on how to detect racism?

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
Reparations....
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2002, 05:18:08 PM »
Somebody else 'splain it to him, I'm tired of pointing out the obvious.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Reparations....
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2002, 05:20:08 PM »
I just want to know when I get my land back...

(Native American)