Author Topic: ATI Radeon 9000Pro - contrast problem  (Read 216 times)

Offline Sparks

• Silver Member
ATI Radeon 9000Pro - contrast problem
« on: November 08, 2002, 10:47:11 AM »
So I've installed my nice shiny new radeon 9000Pro and been very pleased so far. Have installed the latest Catalyst drivers and control panel from ATI and even goen up to DX8.2. I have excellent fps (for me anyway) but just one problem.   When AH starts up the contrast increases to such an extent that some situations are difficult. e.g. any dark surfaces are black and any pale white so the inside of the canopy frame is just a black bar.  The clipboard on Midway was just white with dots on.  Night is unflyable.  the wings on the A6M2 look pure white until I roll the a/c enough for them to be shaded.

I have tried adjusting the monitor contrast and the brightness is up full.  Also tried adjusting the game gamma setting  but that just adjusts the brightness not contrast.

Any ideas anyone ??

Sparks

Offline Starbird

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 01:54:20 PM »
Get a copy of powerstrip

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/ps.htm

once you have it installed, go to the color options and you can play around with your gamma, contrast, monitor temp, etc..

Theres other software that will let you play wround with your cards color settings, but thats the one I remember.

Offline Sparks

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2002, 01:33:07 PM »
Thanks Starbird - after a bit of fiddling I got it to work.  Some interesting stuff happened.

Launched AH then Alt Tab'ed back to desktop and brought Powerstrip out of the Tray - the collour curve was completely different to how I had set it previously - evidently the curve AH had imposed.  Touch a slider button on the Powerstrip controls and my curve jumped back in and the desktop colours returned to the way I set them.

Eventually had to build a colour profile for AH and get it to load on application launch in the Powerstrip options.  Now I launch AH, wait 5 secs after the clipboard appears and the PS kicks in, the colours change and of we go. :)

Sparks