Author Topic: Frame 3 Sunday  (Read 893 times)

Offline Krotki

• Zinc Member
Frame 3 Sunday
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2002, 01:03:27 AM »
Now I know who the crazy Zeke was. Any who was coming into A8 in the group of A20's that hit A8 was second one as dinger was hitting the ack on the east side of the field as I was to nail the ack on the west side of the field. Was basically throttled back in steep diving turn nailed two of the ack on first pass two pretty bursts from nose,barely hit the third. Immediately went into high climbing turn was setting up for drop on VH as just opened bay doors, this Zeke was coming up for HO fires at about D500, wait till he gets D300 feed him all nose guns of 50 cal and 20mm, as smoking Zeke goes by, VH comes into veiw pickel 4 500lb babies on it. Continue on nailing last ack battery on west side of field, into another high yo yo to release rest of 500lb babies on VH, while banking notice chute out north end of field going down continue dive while closing bay doors line up, dinger joins as gunner, informs of Zeke on six, pickle two babies on Vh at 400' alt,as starting to climb to north end explode directly over VH. Anyway Dantoo it wasn't a spit that got you, cause I saw several pieces depart your Aircraft as you zoomed up by my nose after getting full voice of my 50's an 20.
  Actually believe we were crazy coming in at the time we did but guess the element of suprise helped us out . It was Bummwipe An Dinger gunning on the lone A20 that showed again later. Its a big to you for a defense well done. Still can't believe didn't get even a hit from your guns the way you were closing but you let off a hair to soon.

Again Dantoo enjoyed it.

Krotki, United we stand. (308th Polish Squadron)

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
Frame 3 Sunday
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2002, 01:34:05 AM »
Heh Krotki

I am not sure it was me you got as there was 2 others with me.  I mean there was only 4 A20's and half a dozen spits so we thought the odds were even :D

I'll go look at the film again but I'm certain I was hit from behind and my wingman called "spitfire" just as I was hit.  I don't recall being crazy enough to HO an A20 in a rice paper-mache plane LOL! :D

That manouvre you pulled almost certainly confirms you were the guy I first attacked - I was so compressed that I barely prevented the fatal "lawn dart" syndrome when you pulled up!  I was really impressed with the A20's ability to turn and fight.

Is Bummwipe claiming a N1k in a 1v1 dogfight I observed from a safe platform late in the day.  If so - WTFG.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Krotki

• Zinc Member
Frame 3 Sunday
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2002, 12:33:15 PM »
Dantoo had to go review a lil bit but, as I remember as was making turn for second run on the field in a right hand bank to line up on VH and Ack that a Zeke was coming up started firing at D500 stopped D400. I fired at d300 missing engine but nailing tail section as saw pieces depart airframe and smoke start eminating from aft section as he went by. May have been rascal who nailed Dinger. Ramzey was in trail and was politely jumped by some of your bunch, Believe nailing Plumbob before going in. On first attack Bummwipe was credited with  kill of Fariz. As above was able to complete that run and turned for another When Dinger joined as gunner and I exploded over VH area after dropping two 500 lb babies, also taking Zeke on my six with me.
   Believe also on return Bummwipe was credited with Furzy before succumbing battle damage. All in all it was a good time And to you all, and the ability of the A20 to turn fight and bomb suprised each of us. Would ya'll been able to have handled six more A20's?  Really enjoyed it but was just trying to find out who the Zeke was that filled my cross hairs and took hits from four 50,s and a 20mm, thought was had at that moment, Again to you all.

Krotki, United we stand (308th Polish Squadron)

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Frame 3 Sunday
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2002, 12:58:36 PM »
A20s don't carry a 20mm AFAIK
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Puh

• Nickel Member
Frame 3 Sunday
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2002, 01:24:18 PM »
[2] Puh was the poor chute I straffed on the ground. There was one other on the ground at that time. Looking back I'm glad I missed for a couple reasons, not the least of which is the Pattonesque way the puffs of dirt came up on both sides and left him alone. Would have been better if he'd been firing back with a 38, though :D

Lol! Walk or be carried home, I do prefer the first option. Finally I had some luck... :D

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
Frame 3 Sunday
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2002, 01:33:38 PM »
56th FG was tasked with capping the A13 area along with Wings of Death squad.  I think there was one other squad flying in the same area... lotta friendly planes, but no enemies.  After an hour or so of flying around, we were tasked with investigating a nearby field which was flashing.  It stopped flashing about halfway there so we vectored to the nearest enemy field.  When we got to the enemy field we saw a large number of dots climbing out to the west, which turned out to be a large number of P-47s.

I felt bad for those jugs who were nice and heavy and attacked by zekes from above, but they did pretty well.  It was a heck of a fight. Most of our zeros were shot down.  I believe only Strange and I were able to make it out of the melee after scratching 2 jugs each.