Author Topic: Clarification HQ Dar Status  (Read 123 times)

Offline San

• Copper Member
Clarification HQ Dar Status
« on: November 08, 2002, 08:31:51 PM »
Bish dar was down tonight when I logged on.  There was on going discussion about the ability to resupply HQ and the mention of a known bug. I am not aware of any bug but I have heard it mentioned before. Now I can say for sure that I have seen HQ successfully resupplied many times. It seems to take at least five drops before Dar does come back. My question is, is there also a minimum down time?  What the heck is this bug people speak of?

I scanned  the help files and this is what I came up with.

HQ 19 1000 lb 2 hours Kills all radar for a country City building  

Can be resupplied.

HQ Status
Enemy and Friendly Cnt refers to sector counters, or the red or green squares in the map sectors, for friendlies and enemies.  If a country's HQ is destroyed, then all radar and sector counters for that country are disabled.  As the HQ becomes damaged the radar components are destroyed in this order: friendly counters, enemy counter, friendly radar and enemy radar.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 08:43:10 PM »
A completly destroyed HQ can be resupplied easily.  An HQ that is only mostly damaged(i.e. 17 1000lb bombs hit) leaves friendly bar dar on, but cannot be resupplied, since the HQ is still standing.

Offline PvtPyls

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 10:04:33 PM »
As for the two hour downtime, that is a farce.If you notice it also say field ack, ammo and troops are down for two hours and we all know that is not true

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2002, 09:16:58 AM »
I usually only have two hours to play... I don't want to spend it without dar.   Good fights are hard enough to find.
lazs

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2002, 11:22:51 AM »
Originally posted by PvtPyls
As for the two hour downtime, that is a farce.If you notice it also say field ack, ammo and troops are down for two hours and we all know that is not true

What you did not understand is that is down time if not resupplied by convoys (strength of resupply determined by  the large "C" city or corresponding factory health).

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2002, 12:03:33 PM »
Originally posted by PvtPyls

All maps save AKDesert are single zone maps.  If all enemy cities (one on some maps, two on others) on a single zone map are 100% down, then destruction of a particular factory becomes important.

For example, if all cities are down and you kill the troops factory, then any destroyed barracks at enemy airfields will take 2 hours to repair. (not sure 2 hours is the maximum rebuild time now)

The situation is more complicated for a multizone map.  For example, the AKDesert map has the following feature:  If you capture an enemy airfield and you do not own the zone, it will take two hours for any damage to be repaired.  Ownership of zone factories is determined by ownership of one particular city in the zone.

curly