Author Topic: A sigh of relief and contentment  (Read 391 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
A sigh of relief and contentment
« on: November 15, 2002, 11:43:55 AM »
I haven't flown the MA (except for once or twice) in nearly a year.  I do try to scan other forums, though, to keep up with what's going on.  I often find threads like this:  

Arrogant unnecessary b.s. in the MA  (http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69913)

When I do, it makes me want to come back here and thank you all for not being strategy-obsessed to the degree that makes friends become enemies.  In fact, I'm glad that you're not strategy-obsessed, period.

Today I finally did it.

- oldman

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 12:43:22 PM »
you do realize, however contradictory to everyone's wishes for more people in the CT, that it's precisely the *low* numbers in CT that make it usually less *strategic* in nature?

just sayin'
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 01:00:52 PM »

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 03:57:56 PM »
Oldman.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2002, 12:38:51 PM »
I dont think so shane.  There is no reason for a country to take another one in this setup.  The only strat we do is 'lets go sink a boat' or lets try and waste a base'  No c47 in site most of the time.  I think the theatre should be limited to 100 (like we would ever fill that), and with those numbers we would still be pressed to keep it civil and fun for all.  

Its not the numbers that produce that ma crap, its the numbers of people that strive to 'win' the game.  Which is the point for the ma.  They even give you little brownie points for doing it.