Author Topic: Firepower in Sabre's Burma set up.  (Read 1657 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Firepower in Sabre's Burma set up.
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2002, 04:43:39 PM »
Originally posted by brady
Ya that climbing turn got me the other day aganst Eskimo, I was in a huricane, baged a zero and looked back to see one boring in broke hard and started fighting, I choped power till the flaps came out jamed it forward and started a good turn fight, got hitss on him but he baged me with that manuaver, I remember looking up behind me suprised to see him climbing during the turns untill he had the advantage, was a slick move, I will never forget it:)

The funny thing is I see P40's down low and trying to turn fight Zero's all the time, and I always ask my self, wtf are they thinking?

I remember that fight Brady, it was a good one.  I think I had a fight or two with oldman that were similar as well.

Salute guys!

eskimo

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2002, 04:54:21 PM »
ergRTC you may be right. I dont have a twisty stick any more and have to use the "A", "S" and "D" keys for rudder, no peds. The keys are not very good for slow fighting. Not only that but when I move my hand from the keys to the throttle in a dogfight, replacing my finger to the wrong key happens alot!! There is a good chance I am getting a bit more cross control in slow turns because of that. As far as everything elsssssse, well I guess its what you are use to flying and having to re-adjust to a DIFFERENT FLIGHT MODEL!

AH says noting is wrong with thier zero.
WBs said nothing was wrong with thier zero...well one of them is wrong because they fly different.

cheers!!!

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2002, 06:56:45 PM »
I am not saying the fm isnt porked hawk.  I dont think the ah zero model is good either.  Most of the reports I have read said that the ijn was scared to bring em over 350 in fear of the wings ripping off.  In this game I have filmed dives of exceeding 570 mph without losing anything but the rudder (?? wtf).   Oh yeah, and I pulled out of that dive too.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2002, 07:12:31 PM »
yeah, 570? who cares? You caint do anything that fast but see what you are about to crash into...lol

Going 400 mph in a straight lvl flight after barly pulling out of a dive only makes me a nice straight flying target for whom ever was chasing me. The extra speed mearly delays death! However, I am sure most if not all FMs are in some way inacurate.
What about the "magic" under 200mph lower everything speeds?

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2002, 08:56:30 PM »
My beef with that is purely strat related.  The way the p40s were supposed to escape from bad situations was to dive away.  Real hard to do when zeros dont compress till 400 and even then its not much worse than the p40 (spiraling down doesnt help either, I flew a zero for a day just to see if I ever had a problem diving after p40s, nope, easy as can be).  They will do nothing about it though.   I sent a picture of my film viewer showing my a6m2 doing 570 at 3000 feet when they first released it (bug reports). No response.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2002, 10:38:43 PM »
Hawk, you not having better rudder cotrol is seriously hampering you bro. ( no toejam right)  i cant see even trying to fly like you do but you still put up good numbers.  Nice job.   now get some real rudder controls:D

p.s.  mauser,  where did you get a Ki-43 to fly?

p.s.s.  where are you guys getting your info on the effective range of the weapons?