Author Topic: logging to tower  (Read 100 times)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
logging to tower
« on: November 10, 2002, 04:44:15 AM »
HTC, what exact GPS coordinates are there to get a successfull landing in a GV. I have logged in towns, around towns, in ports, on fields and it is never consistant except for the runways.

And don't dare be 1 inch off the runway or that will get you a ditch also. This complicates what a real ditch is which is landing/logging out in the open. Heck most WWII fields didn't even have runways.

If you're inside a perimeter of a field, base, or port, that should be a successfull landing. Between the vh, town, field or bases should be a ditch. What's funny is that I can tear up a plane to pieces, gear, wings, you name it, and as long as I'm sitting on the runway, that's a "successful landing".

T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
logging to tower
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2002, 07:52:52 AM »
wow, how did you get that AH screen to look so real:rolleyes:

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Re: logging to tower
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2002, 11:29:10 AM »
Originally posted by viking73
What's funny is that I can tear up a plane to pieces, gear, wings, you name it, and as long as I'm sitting on the runway, that's a "successful landing".

Only if you can walk away from it ;)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
logging to tower
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2002, 12:53:34 PM »
in a town , park on a road section, then you will get a "good landing", also at fields the taxi ways and hangers give "good landing", at GV bases i try to stop on the light colored dirt, works for A/C and GV's

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
logging to tower
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2002, 12:26:13 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
...at GV bases i try to stop on the light colored dirt, works for A/C and GV's

not always true...

i landed a JU88 at V64 on Mindanao rolled till i was litterely part-way in the hangar and i "ditched"... i was rather PO'd at the time because i had 5 kills and wanted squadies to see the message.

never-the-less i realized that we can land sooooo many places that t wasn't worth b*tchin about losing 1 kill message.
I don't know what to put here yet.