Author Topic: VF-17 Jolly Rogers Recruiting  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
VF-17 Jolly Rogers Recruiting
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2003, 02:29:02 PM »
Thanks Arlo for the pics there. I had not seen that one for the 4 F4U's in formation and I certainly have not seen the one with the F4U in the water.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2003, 10:04:57 PM »
No problem, sir. VF-17 is still my "first love" when it comes to the mystique of any one particular WWII fighter squadron.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2003, 10:06:46 PM »
My baby.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2003, 06:57:45 PM »
:D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 06:59:54 PM by Arlo »

Offline zroostr

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2003, 04:52:46 PM »
This looks interesting. I'll start practicing with the f4u and doin some carrier landings and check back in a bit. Right now I would say my carrier skills are minimal at best and I've been concentrating my flight time on P51's and Spits but I'm getting tired of the lone wolf stuff in MA so I'm looking for a squad to join.

Hopefully in a week or 2 I'll have some confidence on the carrier and if you still need bodies I can offer my services. ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2003, 12:31:55 PM »
I bet Reschke and co. could help ya get yer carrier ops in ship shape. Nothin' to it. Just hit the deck where the wires cross it. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2003, 08:10:50 PM »
Oops ....

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2003, 03:47:09 PM »
Originally posted by zroostr
This looks interesting. I'll start practicing with the f4u and doin some carrier landings and check back in a bit. Right now I would say my carrier skills are minimal at best and I've been concentrating my flight time on P51's and Spits but I'm getting tired of the lone wolf stuff in MA so I'm looking for a squad to join.

Hopefully in a week or 2 I'll have some confidence on the carrier and if you still need bodies I can offer my services. ;)

Give me a shout anytime zroostr. I would be more than willing to help you out no matter what. And yes VF-17 always needs bodies to fill some of these planes our newbie Cmorum is waxing everyday.

Arlo;

Where did you do the custome plane at? It looks alot like the same as what we are using?
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline joeblogs

• Nickel Member
very nice arlo
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2003, 04:20:37 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
:D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2003, 04:53:53 PM »
Not sure where on the net I snatched it. I've switched pcs since and there's no way to trace it on this one. I remember looking for a better profile when I started flying Warbirds. I changed the stenciled # to reflect my roster slot (although I was stuck playing WB 2.77 while the rest were flying WB III). I then needed a decent piece of noseart and ran across this particular piece of pinup art (not sure if it was Vargas or one of his contemporaries) and the name "First Mate" came to mind. ;)

Paint Shop Pro 7 is fantastic. :D

Originally posted by Reschke

Arlo;

Where did you do the custome plane at? It looks alot like the same as what we are using?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: very nice arlo
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2003, 04:54:57 PM »
Thanks. Animation Shop 3 makes things easy. :D

Originally posted by joeblogs

Offline zroostr

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2003, 05:08:44 PM »
Originally posted by Reschke
Give me a shout anytime zroostr. I would be more than willing to help you out no matter what. And yes VF-17 always needs bodies to fill some of these planes our newbie Cmorum is waxing everyday.

Cool.

I've been practicing with the F4U and only going off the carrier. It's been quite a challenge. In TA I kept twisting into the drink in a fight. Although I was gettin more hits than I was recieving, the legnth of the fight was causing me to lose control cuz the plane would stall. I feel I'm proficient enough if the encounter is short, but otherwise I'm fish food so far.

Hitting the carrier with regularity is eluding me so far too. I keep crashing into the deck. My approach gets loose the closer I get and it seems as if I'm goin too fast. I've missed the cables enough times too. My approach is what's killin me. I'm workin on it though. ;)

I'm motivated now which is fun. I'll definitely give ya a shout when I feel I can contribute even the slightest. I'm hittin TA every day and doin some offline flying also. Mostly for landings but I go to ta for the fight. I'm asking questions too so I'm gettin tips. Guy called knife was helpin me last night. Smoked me a few times also. I'm willin to learn. ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2003, 05:52:42 PM »
Another VF-17 picture.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2003, 11:27:59 PM »
And another. This is the skipper of VF-17, Tom Blackburn.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2003, 11:59:12 PM »
Sounds good zroostr and just so you understand where I am coming from. Even the newest guys can contribute immediately. Generally by asking questions and causing you to use your brain instead of just flying loose. Next time I am in the game I will give you a shout and we can fly.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"