Author Topic: What's Next?  (Read 1977 times)

funked

What's Next?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2001, 06:54:00 PM »
They need to get what they have working correctly before adding the "next great thing".

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
What's Next?
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2001, 07:15:00 PM »
SUGESTION #1
I think it would be fun to have a camoflaged 1939 Piper J3 observation plane to pick up downed pilots. If you bail in your fighter you die only if you (.ef) but if your buddy can make it through to pick you up in a J3 you live. The J3 pilot could get points for picking up a downed pilot just like you get for capturing a field. This is not about points its the fun of trying to fly like you did in WWII and NOT die. The J3 comoflage would blend in very well with green terrain so as to make it hard to spot. The J3 would be easy to kill.

Thunder
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
What's Next?
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2001, 07:21:00 PM »
SUGGESTION 1a

Hmmm Another thought, after the J3 picks up a downed pilot and is flying back. If it gets shot down the pilot that shoots it down gets (2)two KILLS instead of one because the bail hasn't recorded. It would be an incentive BOTH ways!  

Thunder

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
What's Next?
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2001, 07:31:00 PM »
SUGGESTION #2

Maybe a PBY or a mine laying ship to mine areas to defend against fleet activity. Also minesweeper could be another ship to add.

Also in the Ground War if there was a way to over time set up camoflage nets for tanks or C-47s that could make them less visible or sorten the counter say to .5K or so from the air. But as soon as they moved they would have the same counter as always.

Thunder

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
What's Next?
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2001, 07:40:00 PM »
SUGGESTION #3

KAMAKAZI Aircraft. They would have to be Japanese vintage aircraft (N1K or Zeke) and you could elect to load ith explosives in hanger. If you make it though and hit ship you get points and it does not count as a death. If you get killed .. hehe Oh Well.. you die!   This might be fun for a big KAMAKAZI raid on Fleet in main arena. All that would be necessary is to add the loadout in the hanger and fix the scoring to suit HTC.

Thunder

-towd_

What's Next?
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2001, 07:41:00 PM »
good god i agree with funked , the end is near.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
What's Next?
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2001, 07:46:00 PM »
Skernsk that's the grossest thing I've heard since learning what a Havana Omelet is.

Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
What's Next?
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2001, 08:13:00 PM »
Trains, ground troops, and landing craft. I still like the barrage balloon idea.  

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
What's Next?
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2001, 08:39:00 PM »
SUGGESTION #4

Gliders for C-47s available in  Hanger loadout for Invasion sorties. One C-47 would have say 5 other C-47s with gliders. The real C-47 would be random in the group of five. Say an invasion of a field were being done. This would provide many targets for defending aircraft. The other four clone c-47s and Gliders could be killed but the real C-47 and any other unkilled clones would continue on until the real C-47 was killed. Then it and the other clones attached would die. The defending pilots would get minor points for the clones but a full KILL for the real one. Some sort of strategy could be worked into the game to accomodate a Glider assult of a field..  

Thunder

Offline iculus

• Copper Member
What's Next?
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2001, 09:15:00 PM »
A landscape made entirely out of candy and ice cream ....mmmmmm...... ice cream....

Offline PropNut

• Copper Member
What's Next?
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2001, 09:45:00 PM »
Add more detailed & dynamic Damage modeling such as: Engine hits cause misfiring/loss of power etc...eng overheating damage causing power and reliability problems.....engine fires (that can be extinguished) especially in bombers.....more flight control damage such as jamming or limited movement...buffeting caused by stabilizer/wing damage....oil covered windscreens...less wings blowing off and more incremental damage causing degradation of flight /power performance (chase down that wounded 51 in your zeke   )...prop/control damage causing wild rpm surging and damage if not controlled including viberations...how about flaps that cause  roll if one is missing...lots of yaw when engines are out on multi eng planes....smoke in cockpit (open canopy/extinguish etc)...all in all I would like to see less catastrophic wings and stabs blowing off and more fun nursing that crippled flying deathtrap home..