Author Topic: F6F question  (Read 92 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
F6F question
« on: November 15, 2002, 06:34:27 PM »
All of a sudden, I can't fly the F6F w/o popping both ailerons.  If I nose it down, reach about 425 and then gradually (not jerk) pull back on the stick to full elevator extension, I lose both wings.

I suspected a j/s calibration problem, so I recalibrated and tried the same maneuver with a pony and jug, no problem.  But,  when I tried it with a F6F (after the recalibration), yep, still lost both wings.

I don't fly a F6F often, so I don't know when this started.  I did have a tour or two when I flew the F6F a lot, so I know it wasn't happening then.

Remember how you used to be able to pop the wings on the pony by pulling on the stick?  It's exactly like that.

Anyone else have this problem?

curly

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
F6F question
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 07:29:06 PM »
Curly, it sounds like the infamous "G" bug.  I've lost about 6 aircraft to this 1.10 patch related bug this tour.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
F6F question
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 08:17:42 PM »
No, the "G bug" kills the pilot which HT calls "pilot unit overstress".
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
F6F question
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 10:35:22 PM »
I dunno what to tell ya Curly I haven't had that problem in the F6F-5 yet.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Ecliptik

• Nickel Member
F6F question
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 11:46:03 PM »
I've had the same problem in my Hellcat rides as well the past couple of tours.  It's avoidable, but still annoying to have to worry about ripping your plane apart in a gradual dive recovery, especially with the F6, which is a very durable bird.