Author Topic: Too much "easy" intel?  (Read 114 times)

Offline mkuebeler

• Zinc Member
Too much "easy" intel?
« on: November 17, 2002, 01:26:07 PM »
Probably been suggested before, but it seems like being able to see the exact status of any enemy field or country strat is giving away far too much information that should be obtained from BDA reports and recon missions.  Maybe add a "score as recon" option, with a camera load-out for certain types of aircraft.  Fly over an enemy field or strat facility, "fire" the camera to record the exact status (ammo counter would show frames remaining), and if you are able to RTB, you get some perk points and the target status becomes available on the strat clipboard along with an indication of how old the information is.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Too much "easy" intel?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2002, 01:42:19 PM »
non-issue. i'd say 98% of the players hardly even bother looking at the base "strat" info on the clipboard, especially enema base strat info. plenty of info is passed on ch2 already at bases being worked over.... nothing more "real-time BDA" than that.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Too much "easy" intel?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2002, 02:55:19 PM »
I agree with shane on this one.  Most players aren't even aware it is there, and most of those who are never use it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Gypsy Baron

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~pstrogen
Too much "easy" intel?
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2002, 07:08:01 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
non-issue. i'd say 98% of the players hardly even bother looking at the base "strat" info on the clipboard, especially enema base strat info. plenty of info is passed on ch2 already at bases being worked over.... nothing more "real-time BDA" than that.

I'm the other 2%....didn't actually think I counted for
 THAT much, but... :)

I use it ALL the time when I'm not in go "go up for a few kills"
 mode. When I'm in "prok, POrk, PORK" mode I'm constantly
 assessing what my next target should be to stop the
 land grab and annoy all the laz's of the virtual world :)

PORK!... the OTHER game...
Gypsy Baron  AW CPID 4580
B-17G 447th Bomb Group, 709th Bomb Squadron, Serial#42-31225

Scheherazade - Lt.Phillip P. Zanoya, Pilot

M/Sgt Kenneth N. Johnson, Crew Chief
126 missions without a single mechanical abort[/b

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Too much "easy" intel?
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2002, 09:23:00 PM »
well to be so blunt.....

i dont think there would be any pilots willing to spend their time online (paying a fee none the less) to do the "recon" thing just to help their country.

now granted i would but i really do believe all countries (bish rook and knit) are the same in this respect....  it would be easier to do a typh raid on a enemies base. if the base was up kill it... if not take the ord. somewhere else.

i totally understand what you are thinking of but realistically the "strat" button is like an AI pilot giving us that info.

this goes along with the "icon" thing (range and dar) i believe IMHO.

to breech that topic there are ALOT of AH pilots (myself excluded) who would never be able to tell 1 plane from the other without icons because their video cards are not the best. the icon problem is also extended by the fact that not all have VOX and anyone can fly any plane.

BTT:

risking your well being for a recon sortie of a general matter (ie. not hunting a hidden fleet) would be less popular that re-supplying a base. IMHO

oh well my 2¢
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline mkuebeler

• Zinc Member
Too much "easy" intel?
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2002, 10:13:00 PM »
I agree that there is usually good communications about strats at a field being attacked.  For targets like HQ, though, I'd rather keep them guessing as to whether it's up or down, and to what extent.

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Too much "easy" intel?
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2002, 10:30:06 AM »
Originally posted by mkuebeler
I agree that there is usually good communications about strats at a field being attacked.  For targets like HQ, though, I'd rather keep them guessing as to whether it's up or down, and to what extent.

That's the best approach.  For mere fields, who cares, for other targets . . . .

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline bloodstain

• Copper Member
Too much "easy" intel?
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2002, 09:16:05 AM »
you can look up strat info?:confused: :D