Author Topic: Kill awarded to: a new one on me ???  (Read 146 times)

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
Kill awarded to: a new one on me ???
« on: November 15, 2002, 10:41:10 PM »
Flying low over the water a fellow squadie removed the elevators of a con in front and above me. As the con was in his fluttering tailslide of death I passed to the side as he hit the water....

I was awarded the kill. I never fired a shot.

Wha ??

Someone had removed a good deal of his tail feathers, I was just in the proximity of his death. He HAD been hit by someone else.

Why was I awarded the kill having not fired a shot ???

Granted I can always use one in the bag but..

Wha ??

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 11:39:51 PM »
last man standing rule ....

even if you didn't fire, were last alive and close?

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2002, 12:07:40 AM »
Had this happen yesterday too. a Niki & a team mate whom I now have forgotten the name were fighting over me (I was rtb low). The team mate shoots his tail off... the nikki comes splashing next to me & I ge awarded the kill.

The teammate was still flying, puzzled as I was... prolly more angry than me :)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Booky

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2002, 12:13:48 AM »
I had this happen to me also. I bombed a M16 and got an assist. I asked who got the kill on xyz and a frindly said I did, got a prox kill. I said, wow I bombed him and only got assist, you sure you didn't shoot him? He said, NO, I just got off the runway.

Must be a new bug with the server.

Booky

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2002, 01:23:15 AM »
Proxy kill a bad idea overall? Good idea? What do you think? Maneuver kill something real or imagined?

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2002, 04:27:57 AM »
Same thing happened last week was in a yak-T flying with about 3 guys over an ostie. Someone strafed him removing his turret. I went in fired three round burst which missed his track by a few meters. Then a p47 bombed him, got a very good drop on him, and he exploded. Then,host: you killed so and so. I never even touched him, while both guys that hit him were up and still flying above me.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2002, 08:43:19 AM »
You dirty rotten killstealers!

But, did you score on your sortie?   I think I've gotten undeserved kills like this in the past but noticed I didn't earn any points when I checked the Hangar for my last sortie score.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2002, 09:31:41 AM »
I don't believe maneuver kills ever count towards score.

AKDejaVu

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2002, 09:39:43 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
Had this happen yesterday too. a Niki & a team mate whom I now have forgotten the name were fighting over me (I was rtb low). The team mate shoots his tail off... the nikki comes splashing next to me & I ge awarded the kill.

The teammate was still flying, puzzled as I was... prolly more angry than me :)

Likely the teammate had a collision with the N1K and you were closer when the N1K finally bit the dust.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2002, 09:42:11 AM »
Nope you dont get any points for manuver and/or proxy kills ,

And I've noticed the same thing lately,  two nights ago, Ndiles map,  at 10, you know near the end, two bases left.

Well several LVTs spawn just off coast of 10,  and we're slinging lead left and right, and I'm divein on LVTs, poping them one at a time, a kill here a kill there, then assist, kill, etc, etc, etc.
1 sortie, 5 kills in a 205, then crash.   2nd sortie 7 kills in 205 then crash.   Got about 15 perks on 1st sortie and only got 6 perks on last sortie.    No film though but I killed at least 5, because they popped right in front of me, only two popped after I flew over, so someone else may have finished them, but that would an assist, not a proxy kill.  

I don't know,  Is there some wrong with the server?  May somebody should ask.   I'll try to remember to film tonight.

AirScrew

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2002, 01:11:09 PM »
Originally posted by VOR
Proxy kill a bad idea overall? Good idea? What do you think? Maneuver kill something real or imagined?

Prox kills are a good idea.We had a so-called ace in AW who always augered when you would catch him alone,then proudly say on CH1,"No cheap one for you 38".