Author Topic: The New "NEW" Setup  (Read 817 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
The New "NEW" Setup
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2002, 08:43:30 PM »
Buzzbait,

Its not your fault, not the fault of any of the other CT staffers.  The problem is in the Japanese and American aircraft that have been modeled.  The choices made so far soundly and completely favor the Allies.

There is only so much that the staffers can do, and there are certain choices wheich are so unpopular as to be unviable, such as using the one good Japanese fighter.

As a result of this the Pacific Theatre setups (not Burma) are balanced decidedly in favor of the Allies.

While this was true historically, it dosen't make for a good game now.

A slower Hellcat, e.g. F6F-3 or faster Japanese fighters such as the J2M3, Ki.44, Ki.61-II or Ki.84 might help, but we lack all of those tools.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
The New "NEW" Setup
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2002, 11:12:26 PM »
I really wish people would update there hardware!  I am a grad student and I still keep my stuff reasonably up to date (about a year back on the curve).  Just think of all the cool stuff htc could add.....

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
The New "NEW" Setup
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2002, 11:22:38 PM »
Yess! Malta I cant believe it!
But do turn off flak or get rid of ships or something (dont think they can turn off flak, or do anything you couldnt do if you were hosting an h2h room but I'm not sure on that).

About the late war thing... well its mostly cuz you can get that all the time in the MA, I love early war and early mid war is ok..
We have been having quit a few Mid-Late war setups lately Most of the setups have been 42+ for the last 2 months or so... and I was kinda gettin tired of em myself.
I do enjoy flyin late or midwar stuff a every now and then, but I can do that in the MainArena.. What I love about the CT is the earlier planesets, historical maps and setups etc.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
The New "NEW" Setup
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2002, 12:15:24 AM »
I wish you, (and I use the term loosely) idiots would make one arena for each Theater of Operation...! :mad:   Every two weeks someone feels the need to go and muck up the CT, and the matches they put in then seem to be pulled from their collective tight arses.

What, HTC can't afford one server for the Pacific (IJN) and one for Atlantic (German/Italian) AIR FORCES..!???

Sheesh:rolleyes:
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
The New "NEW" Setup
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2002, 01:01:29 AM »
Originally posted by Odee
I wish you, (and I use the term loosely) idiots would make one arena for each Theater of Operation...! :mad:   Every two weeks someone feels the need to go and muck up the CT, and the matches they put in then seem to be pulled from their collective tight arses.

What, HTC can't afford one server for the Pacific (IJN) and one for Atlantic (German/Italian) AIR FORCES..!???

Sheesh:rolleyes:

Problem with that is Odee, We allready have few people in the CT (and part of the reason I think is just cuz we have few ppl, so no MA guys wanna join, if they'd all just try it out.. well ne way) Splitting up the arenas would make no more than bout 2-3 people per arena, or prolly everyone would just play in one arena, like what I just said above whichever has more players will prolly be where everyone goes, giving the other people who want to play in the other arena very few if any people to play with..

Reminds me of when Empire Earth first came out.  Everyone went to the East server just because thats where everyone was, then when the east server had problems and went down for a little while everyone went to West server, and even after east server was fixed most ppl stayed in west server just because thats where everyone else is!

I could be completly wrong about the favorite CTarena thing.. but regardless making 3-4 different rooms would cut the players big time, couldnt really do that untill we have at least 60+ players playing in CT regularly..