Author Topic: WAR vs FURBALL..my take on it  (Read 100 times)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
WAR vs FURBALL..my take on it
« on: November 18, 2002, 05:58:54 PM »
First let me make it clear, I'ver only been on AH about a year and yes (for those that find fault), I came over from AW (and RR at that). I still consider myself a newbie and somewhat sheepish. I am a bad furballer but really enjoy ground attack. I rarely Buff but occasionally goon and Fp. I mainly fly MA, TOD and TA (for training not the easy kill) and finally, on average I fly 2-2.5 hrs a night with an occasional 3-4 hour night or none at all. This haveing been said, I still must put in my .02 cents in with regard to the issue (the othr thread was way too long).
   Up front I must admit, I like the "WAR/CAPTURE THE FLAG" aspect of MA. Striving for the clear winner among three warring factions is the extra kick that makes MA so popular IMHO. If Furballing gave that "RUSH" then, I suspect the CT/DA would be overflowing with Furballers. However, I don't think I've seen more than 15-20 in either of the 2 when I've been on.  From My perspective (sign on time), most log into MA ostensibly for the "WAR/CAPTURE" aspect while some fewer others log into MA because of the low turn out in CT and/or DA. Granted MA (from what I understand) began as a Furballing arena but it has clearly moved more toward the "WAR/CAPTURE" theater. Depending on your view, good or bad, the MA is moving toward a Win the War arena. I suspect there will be complaintsabout the up coming Mission Arena as well.
   As a final thought, I have no idea how many AHers have complained to HTC about MA and the "WAR vs CAPTURE THE FLAG" but I wonder; How long before HTC and HiTech get tired of the issue, it becomes the final straw and decide to sell off to some wonderful caring group like EA (Sarcasm intended)
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Heinkel

• Silver Member
      • http://www.3-jg2.com
WAR vs FURBALL..my take on it
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2002, 06:01:47 PM »
Furball (the AH player) would lose.