Author Topic: check 6 sounds  (Read 761 times)

Offline Snowball

• Zinc Member
check 6 sounds
« on: November 18, 2002, 02:38:47 AM »
hi guys
just wondering,
if i have different check 6 sounds in different airplane folders would they comeout differently? say if i have a japanese check 6b call in a zero folder and a germany check 6 call in a bf109 folder, would i get different check 6 calls when i fly these planes?

Offline NHMadmax

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mofsw.com
check 6 sounds
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2002, 04:09:40 AM »
try it and see

Offline Bonden

• Nickel Member
check 6 sounds
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 04:50:44 AM »
Yes, you would. There are also lots of possibilities to mix your sounds so that each plane and vehicle will sound different to you and therefore become easily identified. For example, if you are in an osti protecting a field or whaever - with typhs, 110s, etc buzzing around you will be able to pick out the sound of an approaching goon or an m3 if those sounds are distinctive.

Have fun    ;)

Offline HeLLcAt

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/xiZm04
So your saying...
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2002, 05:32:27 AM »
Your saying that if I put a German check 6 into all the German planes, that I will get that check 6 when I'm in that? That would be cool. Respond when you can.

Offline Trix

• Zinc Member
check 6 sounds
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2002, 09:43:38 AM »
Yes this works.

I use several different check 6 sounds, Brit, German, USA, a General Quarters sound for PT boats etc. Just put the sound you want in the folder for that particular plane or vehicle.

Note: by default Aces High does not create folders for each aircraft, you will have to create them manually (you can find a list under Help/Game Setup in the Aces High web site) , or better yet, install a sound pack like Mitsu's (which I highly recommend).  The sound pack will create the appropriate folders for each aircraft, add your check sound there.

Offline Bonden

• Nickel Member
check 6 sounds
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2002, 10:34:43 AM »
Yup, it will work, as long as the folders and the .wav files are named correctly - playin around with the sounds is great fun. I have a Harley engine idling in a yakt, a ferrari in a 205, very distinctive hehe.....

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
Re: So your saying...
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2002, 11:18:01 AM »
Originally posted by HeLLcAt
Your saying that if I put a German check 6 into all the German planes, that I will get that check 6 when I'm in that? That would be cool. Respond when you can.

AH prefer the folders if u createt them for each plane.
All files u store into folder will be used by AH.
If a action needs a file and it is not found in the plane folder AH takes the default file of the main sounds folder.
This is only valid for planes. all the surround sounds have to be put in the main AH folder.
Freeze

Offline HeLLcAt

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/xiZm04
Hey Trix...
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2002, 08:30:05 PM »
Trix can you send me the different check 6 sounds - BlueiceJr2004@aol.com thanx

Offline Snowball

• Zinc Member
check 6 sounds
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2002, 12:22:19 AM »
cool :D:D:D

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: So your saying...
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2002, 05:14:45 PM »
Originally posted by fffreeze220
AH prefer the folders if u createt them for each plane.
All files u store into folder will be used by AH.
If a action needs a file and it is not found in the plane folder AH takes the default file of the main sounds folder.
This is only valid for planes. all the surround sounds have to be put in the main AH folder.

what surround sounds?

oh, and send me those ck 6 calls too :cool:

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
check 6 sounds
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2002, 02:21:01 PM »
Sorry sorround isnt the right word. What i mean are the outside sounds like hits in the tower or on the ground.
Freeze

Offline Bonden

• Nickel Member
check 6 sounds
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2002, 03:35:03 PM »
Think those were in a folder called "environmental"  ??