Author Topic: WHEN ......WHEN....WHEN!  (Read 218 times)

Offline empire2

• Copper Member
      • http://www.marineairwingah.homestead.com/HomePage.html
WHEN ......WHEN....WHEN!
« on: October 03, 2001, 06:11:00 PM »
ive wondered in the 3 months ive been an aces high fan that...when is the 1.08 verion coming out...i evesdropped on some rooks saying it was this week...or today but you know its not today...others say its coming out in 2 weeks...WHEN WILL THE 2 WEEK THING STOP!!!!!!!...well anyways the thing is i wanna get those new planes and fly them so i can be reliaved but i wanna know when its coming out...soooo signing off
      empire2  :D
I diddlyING LOVE ACES HIGH

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
WHEN ......WHEN....WHEN!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2001, 06:20:00 PM »
Bruce, when ever you here 2 weeks take it as a joke, it's a long standing deal that all software can be done in 2 weeks.

We have never anounced when 1.08 will be out so anything you have heard is just conjecture.

HiTech

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
WHEN ......WHEN....WHEN!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2001, 06:29:00 PM »
Two weeks? HiTech said its two weeks, really  :) (j/k)

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
WHEN ......WHEN....WHEN!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2001, 07:01:00 PM »
Bruce,

As HT says they never answer "when" questions other than to say when it is done.

However if I was a betting man, I would expect it to be unvailed sometime just prior or during the upcoming Aces High convention, if 1.08 has been completed.

With 1.08 being such a significant update I wouldn't put it past HT and company to delay it's release for a grand unvailing at a significant event like the Con.    ;) (Bastages)

If it's not ready for the con then expect it the moment it's ready for release. (Unfortunatly only HTC has a clue as to when that is)

I will be attending the Warbird players Con this year and as iEN has no dealing with it at all (100% player organised and run) there are no holds barred on what people can play/demo/promote.  I am hoping that if not before that 1.08 will be ready in time to play there.

While I'm at it I may as well plug that Convention also.  The Warbird (note the lack of the S) Convention is a convention held for ALL players interested in warbird style sims.  It is 100% run buy the players for the players, no flight sim company has any control or say in the conduct of the Con whatsoever.

It is being held Oct 25-29 in Dayton Ohio.  Some of the attractions include, tours of the flight mueseum, guest speakers (Jerry Collinsworth of the 31st FG and Boo Bourgeous of VMF-214) a banquete and the obligitory dunken debotchury that these events seem to attract.   :)

I don't want to detract from the Ace High Convention, I'm sure it will be ever bit as good or better.  If anyone thinks I'm out of line I appologise but I want everyone to know that everyone is welcome and this is not strictly a Warbirds (iEN) convention.  In fact I've heard rumor that we might get a peak at Target Korea and Target Rabaul (two new flight sims)

So please if you have the time and/or the money to come to both please do.  I only wish I had time/money for both (Dayton just happens to coinside with my transfer across country to Washington)

I was going to edit this for spelling but as I spelled almost the whole post incorrectly I'll just ask you to forgive my spelling  :)

<S>
Sharky

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Sharky ]

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
WHEN ......WHEN....WHEN!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2001, 07:04:00 PM »
Anytime you see hitech cruising the BBS, it means new release is ready.

He just sitting in his chair, feet up, teasing us :)

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
WHEN ......WHEN....WHEN!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2001, 07:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by sax:
Anytime you see hitech cruising the BBS, it means new release is ready.

He just sitting in his chair, feet up, teasing us  :)

Now what part of 2 weeks don't you understand?  :)

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
WHEN ......WHEN....WHEN!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2001, 11:35:00 PM »
i think they're gonna release a patch just before the con.this patch will include all the new planes...BUT...they will only be avaliable to con goers.
the rest of us poor sobs will have to wait till after the con to get the goodies.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
WHEN ......WHEN....WHEN!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2001, 12:14:00 AM »
What does Zapkin know that we don't??  He's eating again!!!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
WHEN ......WHEN....WHEN!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2001, 01:42:00 AM »
Thanks Sharky I needed a good laught this morning  :)

31st FG and Boo Bourgeous of VMF-214) a banquete and the obligitory dunken debotchury that these events seem to attract
/french teacher Hat ON
Having group sex at the convention ?
if not it's better to have a Banquet (without the ending "e") than a banquete  ;)
/french teacher Hat OFF
Muahahaha  :)