Author Topic: God Smiles On Typhoon Pilots Occasionally...  (Read 399 times)

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
God Smiles On Typhoon Pilots Occasionally...
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2000, 10:24:00 AM »
That is a lot of goonies, musta took at least 4 bullets, how did you explain that to yer CO?

Betcha those Rooks were surprised when they tried to jump in their guns.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2000, 12:10:00 PM »
To bad you where in a Typhoon. Thats when its real fun to have a spit vb. Then you can pickem appart with 303s and it any start to escape finish em with the HS...

------------------
"Stupids are like flies. they are everywere, but are easy to kill"
RAM

Offline Central

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2000, 01:09:00 PM »
Funked, send me your sight file!  

Rojo

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2000, 01:53:00 PM »
I got to hand it to you, Funked...If I looked up and saw a sight like that filling my windscreen, I'd have figured I was having video card trouble and reboot my computer .

Seriously, Gronk is right; some times a seemingly suicidal plan will work from sheer audacity.  The last time the Buccaneers tried this, we had TWELVE C-47s!!! And you know what? It WORKED!  We were in such a tight formation, several enemy pilots thought it was a bunch of B-17s with a few goons hiding amoungst them -- the icons were practically right on top of each other.  We came in at about 12k, and dropped together, just as an F4U crept close enought to realize we were a defenseless heard of buses. As I recall, we all died.  The F4u and at least one other fighter went ape trying to strafe all the chutes, but I don't think he could see them all because of the limit on the number of A/C your FE can keep up with.  Somehow, 10 out of 120 grunts made it to the ground and ran for the maproom.  One of the most memorable missions I've ever flown.

Salute, you poor dumb rook bastiges...you may just be Buccaneer material .

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)

funked

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2000, 02:01:00 PM »
I got the gunsight from here:  http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~nabezo/AH/gunsight.htm
Great site, they even have photos of the real-life gunsight images!

Offline Rendar

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2000, 08:58:00 PM »
I just downloaded all of the gunsights.  The're great!  Except for the F4U one, because it is not compensated for the slant of the sight glass.

------------------
Rendar

[This message has been edited by Rendar (edited 06-08-2000).]

Offline Crazyhorse

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2000, 02:14:00 AM »
Funked, I believe I was the first name to light up on your screen and couldnt evade cause we were all laughing too hard.

Sometimes we are guilty of just having fun in this game and goof off.  I was shot down over an enemy field one night and parachuted down to the runway and ran between fighter that were taking off into the bomber hanger.  I ran from door to door laughing as the fighters tried to strafe me only to auger into the ground.  I kept thinking it would be fun if they let one live soldier take the map room like the ten AI paras.

Anyway Im glad we could take your mind off the "serious" business of simming to just have some fun bud hehehe.  

------------------
CrazyHorse_Mskt

funked

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2000, 02:33:00 AM »
Hehehe <S> guys that was fun.  

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2000, 04:26:00 AM »
LMAO .. i wonder why everybody calls'em GOONs and not GOOFs as they truly goofed up this sortie