Author Topic: Language in the MA  (Read 116 times)

Offline MrWulf

• Zinc Member
Language in the MA
« on: November 25, 2002, 09:32:01 AM »
After reading the flamefest on this topic, and Skuzzy's retort ' wondered how long it would take to degenerate'  I have to ask....why didnt someone from HTC reply with an explanation to the moderator complaint? Seems the pissing match could have been avoided had someone from HTC simply replied and explained things within the first 40 posts. Probably be banned for this, but I just had to ask.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Language in the MA
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2002, 09:36:20 AM »
He's a Canuck! Ban him!

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Language in the MA
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2002, 02:18:39 PM »
If I was in the MA right now, I'd call Rip something that would get me muted:)

My name is not Joe, and I am Canadian

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
Language in the MA
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2002, 06:51:16 PM »
With few exceptions the language of choice in the Main appears to be english. Granted quite a lot of slang included.. Quite a lot of spelling left to interpetation..

While not being a Canuck I live just 14 miles from "Willyville" 22 miles from Bezerkley, and have Bobwa Boxer and Dianne Feinstein as my representitives....

We all have our crosses to bear..

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
Language in the MA
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2002, 01:53:54 AM »
do I smell the poopster? sounds like we neighbors...... Vallejo Ca. 94589
cerveza por favor?
Anton:cool:

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
Language in the MA
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2002, 03:48:38 AM »
I have flown Rook for 2 years now, or thereabouts.  I can honestly say I have never heard cuss words used by Rook players on any sort of regular basis.  If it happens, it's a rarity.

All cussing amounts to is tough language, and shows how weak and scared the cusser is.  It also begets more of the same, and since we don't like it, and don't want it to become acceptable, we usually let people know pretty darn fast to cut it out.  We don't encourage it in our squad conversations.

What you say on Channel One is your business.  Only don't be surprised if you get called on it at some point, if you use foul language on country channel.  Especially vox, where anyone can hear it.

Les

Offline Beav

• Zinc Member
      • http://airwolves.furballcentral.com
Re: Language in the MA
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2002, 01:14:46 PM »
Originally posted by MrWulf
I have to ask....why didnt someone from HTC reply with an explanation to the moderator complaint? Seems the pissing match could have been avoided had someone from HTC simply replied and explained things within the first 40 posts.  

That's the way this board works.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Language in the MA
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2002, 02:01:06 PM »
Probably because HTC explained their position in one of the other 3 billion posts started by 'tards who were mad because they hate being held accountable for their own decisions.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Language in the MA
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2002, 02:02:31 PM »
Point to Sob.

Game, set, match.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!