Author Topic: When you see a 109 with the tail wagging violently  (Read 483 times)

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
When you see a 109 with the tail wagging violently
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2002, 03:37:10 AM »
S!

Logitech Wingman usb FFB pedals (& wheel) with Saitek X36 usb HOTAS here.

Pedals are not the best for flight sims because you can push both pedals down same time.
Anyway I can drive or fly with same pedals and pedals just fit under the subplane under the table.

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
Pedals
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2002, 04:23:35 AM »
S!

Using my TM Cougar(UeberCougar mod by IJ) with TM Elite Pedals. Good combo even the pedals need to be opened..the po is acting up now.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2002, 05:33:12 AM »
I've been using CH stuff since I started flying sims. I use a Jane's Combat Stick, Pro Throttle and a really old TM rudder pedal setup.

I have modified the pedals over the years, I use 1/2" bungee cords for my springs on it now and it gives a lot more "feel" to rudder usage than the original spring did. I also modified where you put your feet, took the original foot pads off and made a new set with a bar in front so I can fly with my heels on the floor and I can use the ball of my foot to move the pedals with. I had to mount it on a wooden frame that has a peice of rubber from a Pickup bed liner on the bottom to keep it from sliding.

I prefer the TM style rudder pedals for the simple fact that they are wide. The CH units are too close together for my taste but I have looked at the new pro versions and they look like they can be modified to suit me plus they have the neato toe brake feature.

I have never used a twisty stick other than to try it out and I just don't think I could ever be effective with one (not that I'm all that effective anyway :) )

Hblair, I really think you did the right thing purchasing those rudder pedals. I beleive it will give you more control once you get used to them. My main reason for wanting some was the fact they made flying the sims seem more realistic, but that is just me.
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2002, 09:07:45 AM »
It's what you're used to hblair, it doesn't really matter allot IMHO.

I came from MS FFB stick with rudder axis in stick and went to Saitek X36 HOTAS (USB) combined with CH Pedals Pro (USB).
It took me a couple of weeks to get used to the pedals, I was often trying to twitch the stick of the X36 (with no result ofcourse).

Now I have the X45 with the same pedals and I'm really used to them.

:)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2002, 09:30:31 AM »
keyboard rudder.
and keyboard views...

makes me pretty much bound and  blind when I type :D

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2002, 09:58:20 AM »
ThrustMaster RCS, love 'em and wouldn't switch to anything else, but I do wish they had toe brakes.  If I had to switch, I'd go with the Hofman pedals tho'  :)

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2002, 10:21:01 AM »
no sooner did I post how my old TM stuff is still alive then the pedals took a crap... needed band-aid fix

soo...   I'm looking at ordering hofman