Author Topic: Repair Hanger needed in AH  (Read 412 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Repair Hanger needed in AH
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2000, 05:41:00 PM »
 In a bomber you should be able to set autopilot and send your gunner or yourself out on the wing to plug that pesky fuel leak...
miko--

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2000, 06:11:00 PM »
Bad idea! One thing I really enjoyed recently was returning to base all shot up (One aileron, one elevator, rudder missing) and finding two B-17s circling the field, hangars smoking. I had to decide whether or not to quit out and replane from another field with full health (to use Seawulfe's quake analogy   or to reammo and patrol for C-47s, running the risk of being shot down by any fighter that came along. Very immersive, and the kind of decision making that I'd love to see more of in such sims.

I know that someone asked HT on the very first day of 1.03 whether they could add repairing on the reammo spot, and he gave a very firm 'no' in reply. So that's out  

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2000, 09:02:00 PM »
Hey, I like it!

If simply to enjoy toolin around the base "preping" your ride.

The "Realism" issue that has come up is kind of funny. Typing .ef, then a milisecond later hitting one of the fly buttons in the tower isnt very "real"  

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2000, 11:27:00 PM »
I know that someone asked HT on the very first day of 1.03 whether they could add repairing on the reammo spot, and he gave a very firm 'no' in reply. So that's out
====
I know this!  That is why I suggest there be a ""seperate"" facility to provide a opportunity to repair my airplane.

As to realism, lets say if you get killed once in the sim your out for the rest of your natural life!  At least this holds some truth and would make the experience (however brief) very, uhmmm.......realistic.  No more quakeage......whad ya say  

HAHA

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2000, 12:38:00 AM »
I like the rearm and refuel thingie we have now.  Maybe if ya nurse your plane to one of the big bases they could do the repair thingie.  Depends on how much damage, more damage more time to repair.  They give ya an estimate on repair costs(points that is).  Oh, HT, I think ya should install a coffee vending machine in the waiting room(prolly make more money if it's a beer vending machine though).  And how about current issues of Playboy? (I like to read the pictures  )  Very educating.

Say, how about a jeep so ya can go into town while the plane is being fixed!!!!! Course the CO gotta give ya a leave pass (fat chance)

[This message has been edited by 1776 (edited 07-22-2000).]

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2000, 07:15:00 AM »
It can be done this way: for example you have flap gone and 1 of the guns dammaged. It takes what the fastest to be repaired (flaps) and gives you message, "flaps will be repaired in # minutes (of total # minutes to repair plane)". Then, when it repaired it gives you same message about next dammaged part and etc. So you can decide what ammount of dammage to take with you to the next sortie if the whole rapair will take too long or leave plane if too many dammages and no patience to wait.

Fariz

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2000, 09:44:00 AM »
Ok, where do you stop tho?   Do ya'll want it so that if you come to a stop on the runway you get your refuel and damage restore? What is the driving reason here long nice kill streak numbers? People have said that its laughable to mention any type of historical perspective, well heck,  lets have powerups over the base so ya dont even have to land, gold ones for fuel, green for ammo and pink for repair