Author Topic: VOX Problems  (Read 292 times)

Offline Spad611

• Zinc Member
VOX Problems
« on: October 31, 2002, 06:20:09 AM »
I've followed theinstructions to the letter, I have confirmed that the mic works in windows, I have the key mapping done and confirmed.  I've opened up ports 2000 - 5000 on my router and still noon can hear me.  My mic is checked in every place I can find. muted and boosted, unmuted or un boosted , makes no difference.  Even confirmed that sound are working well in direct X.  Other players can see that I'm trying to transmit.  When I tune myself to a privat channel I can see that I'm trying to transmit.  

I'm running Win 98 and have a Sound Blaster PCI 64D card.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
VOX Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2002, 08:43:22 AM »
It should be Boosted and Unmuted.  You may want to check that your settings are consistant in the Volume Control panel for WAV and MIC.  The other thing you might try is under the multimedia option in the control panel, I think, is make sure USE PREFERRED DEVICES only is checked.

Offline eegees

• Zinc Member
VOX Problems
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002, 01:41:41 PM »
PCI 64 is not full duplex or half duplex compatable. there is a way to make it compatable but its all trial and error.  look for AWE drivers, PCI 128 drivers and so on. try them out.  i had this problem with AW. i got it working in there with some type of AWE drivers and then i got it working in AH. but a virus wiped out  everything but and i cant remember which drivers is needed. i'm still looking and its been a few months.

my sugestion is find a used computer store that sells sound cards and buy a new one. most of the newer older ones are duplex enabled

eegees

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
VOX Problems
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 03:35:34 AM »
Spad

Also sounds like soundcard problem.  Question, you have full duplex modem?

Hajo
- The Flying Circus -

Offline spiffykraits

• Copper Member
      • http://home.clara.net/spiff
VOX Problems
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2002, 05:50:13 AM »
I assume you are letting through both tcp and udp for AH?

Is SB16 emulation driver loading ok at boot? Check that it is at bootup.  Is it sharing interrupts?

Offline eegees

• Zinc Member
VOX Problems
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2002, 03:53:04 AM »
i figured out how to do mine. i had to go to roger wilco's site to do it.  assuming you have the updated drivers already, you will need to go to the adjust multi-media properties. you can get it by right clicking the spearker icon or if you have the mixer option.  you dont want to use the PCI 64 device.  you'll want to use game compatible.

eegees

Offline bloodstain

• Copper Member
VOX Problems
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2002, 01:26:11 PM »
It should be Boosted and Unmuted.

Not true if you have mic muted it will still transmit, it just cuts out feedback on playback through your speakers. Just my 2 cents:D

Offline Ducati

• Zinc Member
VOX Problems
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2002, 03:54:18 PM »
Originally posted by bloodstain
Not true if you have mic muted it will still transmit, it just cuts out feedback on playback through your speakers. Just my 2 cents:D

Hey Bloodstain, greettings from Albany, OR :D . I was wanting to use my mic on my headset to talk but still use my desktop speakers for sound. But I found that I was getting terrible feedback. Will clicking mute solve this for me? And in what menu do I do this, an AH menu or in Windows? I'm using XP.

This is my second day of having AH and I have to say I flew for 3 hours last night and had a blast other than the game CTD and then acting up for a while when I tried to reconnect.

thanks

« Last Edit: November 23, 2002, 03:57:53 PM by Ducati »

Offline bloodstain

• Copper Member
VOX Problems
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2002, 04:17:13 PM »
I was wanting to use my mic on my headset to talk but still use my desktop speakers for sound. But I found that I was getting terrible feedback. Will clicking mute solve this for me? And in what menu do I do this,

Yes the feedback will go away if you open your play control volume in the taskbar and check the mute button...see attatched photo.