Author Topic: Warp roll is alive & well.  (Read 364 times)

Offline Bluefish

• Copper Member
Warp roll is alive & well.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2000, 10:05:00 AM »
I concur with Mr. Bean.  I've noticed a significant increase in warps over the last week or so, although most have involved dots or cons at medium/long range.  A few cons have warped at close range, but none appeared to be deliberate (nothing like the bad old days over at Brand W).  

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2000, 10:17:00 AM »
Quoteth Apache - "Maybe it had something to do with my connection. I discoed once & had a long red beacon on another ocassion <SP> lastnight."

Quoteth Apache - "I am going to stick to my initial conclusion that it was just a conn. thing, but in the back of my mind is the haunting realization that it could have been the purposely induced warp."

Title of the post?

"Warp roll is alive and well".

Hhhhemmm... I dunno.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2000, 10:20:00 AM »
Why the attack on my semantics Nash? So I can't write what I mean. Do you agree with the topic or what?

[This message has been edited by Apache (edited 06-09-2000).]

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2000, 10:29:00 AM »
No no no....wasn't an attack on your writing nor your semantics. It's just that you draw a conclusion that warp roll is alive and well (which is basically, you must agree, an attack or accusation on some flyers here)... and you witness this while undergoing red beacons and discos. Even saying "I saw somebody warp-rollin' last night" would be suspect under the conditions you were experiencing.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2000, 10:31:00 AM »
Oh...and to answer your question... Yeah, I've seen the *occasional* warpy plane. As far as intentionally warp rollin'... No, I haven't seen this here.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2000, 10:38:00 AM »
Let me apologize Nash for an unwarranted attack on your post. The title of the post comes from advise of many bbs seniors. I knew that most who frequent this bbs know what a warp roll is. That being said, it was my intention to start a topic that would be read!  .
Yes, i agree with your assessment that my conclusions could be in question due to experiencing net lag lasnight, however, I did state, I believe, that after a relog, my connections were smooth & I did not experience anymore warps or red beacons. This incident with the 205 was after the relog.

Am I making an accusation against others. Apparently I am and I agree at this point it is not justified.

------------------
Apache
The Blue Knights

funked

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2000, 01:48:00 PM »
I rarely see it.  Mostly I see Fw 190 and P-38L and F4U using their historically correct high-speed roll rate to try to get out of my cone of fire.