Author Topic: More News on V1.03 !!!!  (Read 804 times)

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
More News on V1.03 !!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2000, 03:23:00 AM »

Um. Why do y'all think the "problem with mk108 penetration" is that it doesn't penetrate well enough?

The problem is that it's a low-velocity, HE shell. So right now it penetrates TOO WELL.

That is my understanding too, Mk 108 is too good tank killer, it should be downright pathetic.

After Mk 108 has been fixed, Lufwaffe does not have anything to attack tanks with than bombs. Hopefully we can get Panzerblitz to Fw 190 someday.

Or maybe Me 410 with BK 50  

------------------
jochen Jagdflieger JG 2 'Richthofen' Aces High
jochen Geschwaderkommodore (on leave) Jagdgeschwader 2 'Richthofen'  Warbirds

Thanks for the Fw 190A-5 HTC!

Ladysmith wants you forthwith to come to her relief
Burn your briefs you leave for France tonight
Carefully cut the straps of the booby-traps and set the captives free
But don't shoot 'til you see her big blue eyes
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
More News on V1.03 !!!!
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2000, 03:31:00 AM »
Hmmm I'v see very long barreled 30mm gun gondolas attached to the A8 before...perhaps this tank busting configuration consists of Mk103 cannons?

- Jig

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
More News on V1.03 !!!!
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2000, 04:10:00 AM »
Let's include the whole quote  

Reformulated aircraft cannon characteristics. Fixed some problems in relative 20mm values and the problem with MK 108 armor penetration.

To me this reads quite clearly that the German 20mm won't be a tank busting weapons *and* they've been taking a look at the *relative values* of all 20mm's.

For those flying Geman irons, odds are that it's for the better Lower lethality 20% for Germans, it won't make much of a difference. Do the same for Hispanos and it will  

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2

Offline Dusky

• Zinc Member
More News on V1.03 !!!!
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2000, 10:49:00 AM »
One word will do..
WOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Dusk

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
More News on V1.03 !!!!
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2000, 01:34:00 PM »

Originally posted by NineZ:
Hehee!  Ill be looking for my respected Panzer enemies at base 27!  Especially you, Ripsnort!  Salute to your fellow tankers, Deluxe,  and Bullzi, to name a couple.  

With improved cannon penetration, you will be in serious trouble.  But I think I remember reading somewhere about AA for tanks.  Hmmm, could be very interesting.

Oh yeah, we have the local Knight civilian population digging an anti-tank trench around Base 27.  This should be completed in about 2 weeks.  A rather simple and backward people these Knits, but good workers!

I could be wrong... but i thought the 30mm cannon as is currently modelled is TOO effective against tanks, and would likely be toned down...  In reality the 30 wasn't a good anti armor round i believe

SKurj