Author Topic: WWII Sub game choice now'a days ??  (Read 139 times)

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
WWII Sub game choice now'a days ??
« on: November 26, 2002, 06:28:34 PM »
I have an uncontrollable urge to stare at the gauges at the bridge once again.

Silent Hunter was my game back then. What's out there now ??

Whats the game of choice now ??

Sub games are staring at gauges but the imagination going on make them sooo much fun.

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 06:48:51 PM »
Don't touch SHII with a barge pole: the game was released with far too many bugs and missing features and the developer has basically stopped supporting it.

Offline K98k

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 07:35:28 PM »
SH2 does have a major share of problems, but a few people are putting alot of their own time and money into Projekt Messerwetzer which should hit the streets very soon if not already.   http://www.subsim.com/ssr/p_messerwetzer.htm

If this goes well DC is next.

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2002, 02:52:32 AM »
Poopster there has been a demo realeased of a WW2 sub/destroyer sim called "Enigma - (now the second part I don't remember) Deadly Tide or Tides of War or Tide something. It's aimed to be multiplayer but is fun for single players as well. Do a search on fileplanet or any other game/demo site - it's quite nicely done. Brought the Silent Service feeling back!
Real men fly Radial!

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2002, 08:00:12 AM »
"Silent Hunter: Commander's Edition" is still the most enjoyable subsim I've ever done.  Its available for $10 on cd at CompUSA.  I also have "Silent Hunter II" and did a couple of the training missions in it, but got distracted by "NASCAR Racing 2002 Season", "F1 2001" with the ALMS and Sports Car Pack mods with LeMans and Sebring tracks from rsdg.net, "Aces High" and now "Madden NFL 2002".  I haven't really gone back to SH2 in awhile but the manual is still on my desk.